How to use the Node monitor

hey @0xkumi & @Rocky

since i’ve updated my nodes w/ the script I started seeing ‘Vote count’ less than 50%. This worries me bc slashing is coming.

Could you guys help me to find out what’s wrong and should be fixed w/ nodes that will bring back them to 100%?

green - before the script; red - after the script

telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5339066737942967760-y

Sub 50% vote sounds like the problem I had.

https://we.incognito.org/t/solved-bad-consensus-performance/12464/7?u=fredlee

did not get what should be the parameter for the FULLNODE=

just an empty string right after equal sign?

Yeah, empty string or 1 are the only two options that work. So FULLNODE="" or FULLNODE= if you want to run a validator.

1 Like

anyway changed that parameter and restarted the service but that didn’t resolve the less than 50% vote count

@Rocky @0xkumi @fredlee

Hey @Support,

Could you add “Next Event” column into the grid too? Currently, the users have to open the popup for each node.

… and if possible, could you add a column showing the unwithdrawn reward amount.

Thanks.

5 Likes

@duc or @Support…trying to access the node monitor web page and getting this error message…

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from monitor.incognito.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Tried to access via Opera browser and got same error message basically…can you address…thank you… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got the same as well.

1 Like

Thank you @SPAddict25…at least I know it is not just me…also the monitor feature in the Incognito app is not working either so it has to be addressed by dev team for sure… :sunglasses:

Thanks for the report, the problem is about the expiry of ssl cert, we’re renewing it. I will update you guys once it completes, sorry!

4 Likes

Thank you @duc:sunglasses: :100: :+1:

letsencrypt! :wink:

Hi, can you guys please try again? I believe it’s okay by now.

4 Likes

@duc,…It is working perfectly…thank you sir… :+1: :sunglasses: :100:

1 Like

Hi, our Node Monitor had been updated recently

• You can view max 20 nodes per page
  • NextEvent time is displayed with the Role status (at homepage) for convenience
  • Code version is included in the monitor detail popup. This info will be correctly displayed after privacy v2 release (in 1-2 weeks).
10 Likes

That’s awesome! Thank you!

@Support. Why do all my nodes say “Online Not Latest Version” in the Node Monitor? Which code version is it referring to and how do I update it?

One more question on node vote counts if I may, since I am trying to diagnose the health of my two nodes, one is a pnode and one is a vnode. For example, in epoch 3853 and 3854 (chain id 5), my pnode received 99% and 100% vote count respectively. For those same two epochs, my vnode happened to also be in committee (chain id 0) behind the same router, but my vnode received a 0% vote count for both. My vnode just recently in epoch 4020 and 4021 received 100% and 97% vote count respectively. I hadn’t changed anything, though of course updates did occur, and from all my network info and docker stats, everything looks good. I have a pattern on both pnode and vnode to get 100 - 95% vote counts for a couple of epochs and then a number of epochs later, I get 0 vote count. I am presuming that it would be good to have a continuous pattern for all epochs in which my nodes are in committee to have steady high 90’s % vote counts, but I don’t see these. What other diagnostics can I do at my end to figure out what is causing this or at least that I and my settings are NOT causing this unstable pattern of vote counts? Perhaps there can be some kind of node diagnostic tutorial beyond the tips I have already seen here in the forum.

Are your nodes v or p nodes? pNodes should automagically pull the newest docker tag. vNodes will have to have their script reran to pull the latest one. I believe the latest tag to be 20210810.

You should be able to restart your pNode to possibly force it to grab the latest docker tag. I don’t believe there is another way for the end-user to force update.

1 Like

Hey @Jared. I have both pnodes and vnodes. Both are pulling the latest tag 20210815_1. All devices have been restarted.