How to host a Virtual Node

I understand, and as with bitcoin it all started out a bit cheaper when PRV was like $0.20. The bigger investment also comes with bigger returns.

My point is, there is more to the project than the money printing machine some are looking for.

With the Provide feature in place, the project is open to everyone.

4 Likes

If I provide a service for operating and maintaining nodes and servers, I don’t know if anyone will be interested? The monthly fee is $10. You only need to deposit 1750PRV in your wallet, and I will give you a well-functioning IP and port. You can check the income in your wallet.

The first virtual node I maintained is up and running. I pledged 1750 PRV in my wallet, but it has no income yet. It is in a state of waiting for block generation. It has been in a state of waiting for blocks for 6 days. I hope to generate blocks as soon as possible.

It is possible, we have had other users do the same, not sure which ones are still active. You could do a search on jservers.

1 Like

Did you stake the node with those 1750 PRV or are they still in the account?
The system of getting selected to validate transactions and earn are a bit different from other chains in the Incognito environment. Selection is random, you will have periods of non-earning and periods of earning multiple times in a row.

1 Like

Hi Tony, jserver already provide such a service. They manage almost 300 vnodes. The cost is around 2.2USD/week per node.

Yes, thank you for your reply. It sounds good.

Yes, Staking, in a long cycle is like this, the probability of random blocks coming out.

I have no idea what you are saying here. As long as you understand it can take a while before you earn, it is fine.

1 Like

Yes, thanks, it’s already profitable.

1 Like

W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://build.openvpn.net/debian/openvpn/release/2.3 wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8E6DA8B4E158C569
E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/noobslab/malys-themes/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file.

Could Anybody help me?

Hi @Iksolon, where did you get this? Could we have the whole log?

Appreciate the insight…Thanks.

I hope you are not here for the rewards on badges. That system has been canceled some time ago.

If you are running a node and find this information useful, can you help out the one who seems to have some trouble?

1 Like

With a gmail account as incognito address it will be hard to achieve…

1 Like

Hello Jamie.I’m just a newbie,eager to get involved in the crypto space and learn how to protect my self and my future portfolio PRIVATELY ANONYMOUS!!! I currently don’t hold any crypto or Nodes yet (2021;)) to change that! I love satoshi’s vision and im a big Monero believer.I’ve been looking for a long long time for a community to start my crypto journey with…and you guys simply just tick all the right boxes,for all the right reasons.I’m deeply in love with the incognito project.Currently saving some donuts…gettin’ involved the right way…with my node three and them cryptos✌️Michael.

5 Likes

Sounds good, welcome on board.
The short replies without questions looked a bit spammy, that is all.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. But that is kind of the pattern.

• Add some “well done” comments
  • Like a few posts

then when nothing happens, people start asking about the rewards.
Hopefully his plans for 2021 will work out, and he will be a great asset to the community soon.

2 Likes

Welcome on board

1 Like

Thanks you very much Stradimarius.