Gold - Incognito Debit Card

some ppl don’t mind kyc so they can use their own existing bank accounts.

some ppl don’t want kyc so they can send money by registered letter (snail mail), mail pre-loaded cards, use moneygram/western union…
the dex (a simple double deposit smart contract) just holds the crypto collateral of both buyer and seller… they can agree on any payment method that works for both of them

Okay, everyone, I need input. I am going to approach Tangem with the following letter. Anything to change? @andrey?

Note: Tangem does offer their native mobile SDKs so we can freely integrate with them, but I still want to send the letter to see what else might be possible, especially vis-a-vis card design.

Hello, Tangem,

I am known as Gold, and I am a community member of Incognito, “a multi-currency, multi-purpose privacy wallet.” Incognito allows users to “send and receive assets anonymously. Buy and sell confidentially, without KYC.” Already, Incognito has an impressive following: since November 2019, “11,000 people have made more than 300,000 fully anonymous transactions.” Incognito also is partnering with Kyber and Binance Chain to broaden its user base, liquidity pools, and use cases, and is at this point a completely decentralized and trustless exchange. Overall, the company is making great strides.

Open-source, Incognito encourages its community to build products on top of the wallet, so I have started an initiative to add a payment method to the system. Tangem fits perfectly into the Incognito mission to bring privacy to all crypto-related activities, and is exactly what we are seeking: a private way (no KYC) to store and spend crypto.

I would love to speak more with your team to see what it would take to integrate Tangem into the Incognito wallet (github), and to talk about possible card designs. I have created a rough brand for the cards, Burnmint, but this is a working card design open to change. On the brand site, you will see two cards: a cashless and a cacheless option. Tangem would be the more private cacheless card featured on the site.

Please let me know if Tangem is interested in integrating with Incognito, and thank you for your time!

Best,

Gold

7 Likes

Hey @Gold two days ago they wrote to me and suggested to have a quick call.

I am going to jump in a call with James next week. If you have time join us and give me your email, I’ll add you to the loop.

7 Likes

This is great, I like where this is going :ok_hand:

1 Like

Will do, @andrey, thanks!

I heard crypto.com mco visa got suspended in Europe something about missing 2 billion dollars. But there is another card https://www.coinzoom.com/cards/ kind of like the crypto.com card

1 Like

Yep, it was quite big news! @Gold any news from the card providers?

I just had a call with James from Tangem, he told me that they check requirements nad get back to us.

5 Likes

I don´t think it is a good idea to offer a credit card. Incognito stands for privacy and then offering a credit card as well? This is not helpful if we want to establish a strongly privacy associated brand.

2 Likes

@sato If people are free to not use it it’s not a bad idea.

Incognito Have Debit Card?? :confused:

I don´t think so. It makes it hard to create a “brand” awareness if to much stuff is mixed up together.

Imagine Ferrarri or Lamborghing would sell cheap standard cars for 20k as well because the CEO claims “so people are free to choose”… this would be really bad for the brand. In my opinion a brand needs a clear position so people can recognize it / know immeditaley what this “company” want to achieve etc.

I can recommend the book " The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding" to this topic as well
https://www.amazon.com/22-Immutable-Laws-Branding/dp/0060007737/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=laws+of+branding&qid=1594483348&sr=8-2

3 Likes

@sato Your exemple is like if Incognito was offering a non privacy supported service in addition.
With a card you stay undercovered with privacy until the almost end of the economic chain. (Wearing a hat and sunglasses in the supermarket ^^).

1 Like

No need for kyc

1 Like

The whole debit card idea is really interesting. It does seem to defeat the point of crypto being in control of your own money and having privacy. I’d much rather prefer paying for things right from my phone’s app oppose to carrying any other device. Incognito offers pretty much everything I’m looking for with the ability to have another Key/Acct for spending I can transfer to my spend acct then pay with privacy, all within one app. I do wish there was a bit more security with at least a 2FA ability.

5 Likes

What about a deal with privacy.com? They provide a service for disposable virtual debit cards. We could do a virtual card in the app and just use the NFC to do the transactions. This would eliminate the concerns about kyc. And I think it would be a cool fit for incognito.org to have a partnership with privacy.com :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You need KYC to use a debit card. For privacy.com you need to be resident in US or have a valid visa, so they coolect your personal data (ID and proof of residence) like all the other business selling you a rechargeable card.
So it’s not different than use your preferred crypto debit card available in your country (if any).

The only ways to spend without KYC (unless required by other regulations) are:

• With gift cards (for example integrating incognito with Bitrefill), so you can buy for example Amazon cards or credit for your phone… But the offer is limited to certain places/brands
  • With a smart card hardware wallet and a POS (so you can pay also without a smartphone, internet is needed only on the POS), but you need adoption (convince merchants to support payments with crypto). In some countries businesses can’t accept crypto as payment for goods and services directly, so this could be a problem. You need a payment processor like Utrust or similar probably.
  • P2P systems with escrow (centralized trusted or DAO) to convert crypto to FIAT/cash (A good secure service should work like this: A sends crypto to escrow, B sends collateral to escrow and then money to A. If A confirms, the cryptos go to B, otherwise a dispute will be opened…)
  • Use an exchange with low KYC requirements for small amounts (Like the swiss Bity)
5 Likes

PundiX seems to be a leader in the crypto POS space.
https://www.pundix.com/

Maybe there’s a way to integrate Incognito?

All I am going to add further to this conversation at this time is. If we can make this work, @Gold and @andrey will figure it out! Thank you guys for the effort and energy behind this project!

1 Like

Any updates on this?

anyone is still working on it?