Expanding the website

Hey everyone - quick heads up that we’ll be shifting the focus of incognito.org to the pDEX and expanding the content a little. What we have now is in a bit of a weird gray zone - not fully committing to the forum + not making info readily available. We’re getting about 100k monthly visitors now, so it’s probably time to dust off the old welcome mat.

Some changes should go live next week. It will all remain fairly minimal and community-centric, but we hope this change will make important information more easily accessible (and digestible) to people interested in utility.

We’ll improve it as we go along, and will probably experiment with different user-friendly angles over time. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Nothing changes for forum users, we’re still at we.incognito.org, and you will be able to access it directly from the main domain in the footer, the about us page, and the app of course.

22 Likes

GREAT NEWS!!!

The website was the biggest reason I did not join incognito for 6+ months after I first attempted to understand it. The forum is a great way for the community to interact but not a great way to have guided help and frequently asked questions, provided by the team as an official guide and answer (which is important until you get to ‘know’ the contributors here.)

3 Likes

hey fam - for those of you who haven’t noticed - we updated the site last week!

there are a few new landing pages:

1. pDEX: our privacy DEX has been seeing good traction, so this is the main landing page for now.

2. Incognito wallet: a page for the world’s first privacy-protecting crypto wallet! tell your friends.

3. About you: yes you need privacy. if you don’t already visit block explorers with some anxiety, enter any one of your public crypto addresses to find out why. know someone that doesn’t understand how pressing the privacy problem is? show them.

4. About us: hey that’s us! this brings you to the forum, where the top bar has also been updated with more information about the project and its community.

The forum focus was very helpful for us in the earlier stages. Moving from a shiny website to put the conversation at the foremost, we quickly 10x’d our growth from that shift alone. More importantly, it helped build the wonderful community we have today.

Since then, we’ve continued to grow. We now have more than 100k monthly visitors, and we hope that these new utility-focused pages geared towards the average user will help drive wider adoption. Now, as part of an overall effort to push awareness and usage…

We need your input >

4 Likes

I don’t think so, every coins went down because market is in unstable situation, but PRV just go up because PRV has a unique vision and Incognito have many team to come up with great idea every month, like the web wallet or the pstore app from incsmile

4 Likes

I really impress by the new UI of Incognito website, highlight top 3 Incognito Unique selling point, but i think the last Selling point is "Permissionless.
Zero trading fees.
" is not correct right now after Incognito team decide to not free anymore

Should be consider to change that sentence

3 Likes

thanks for your kind words!

there are no trading fees - nothing has been changed there.

however, as pDEX operates on-chain, typical network fees apply (fractions of a cent). there is also a fee to exit the network (charged by the external chain), but that has nothing to do with trading itself.

hope that helps!