Ether exchange fees

I have 450 dollars in TUSD that I sent from kucoin thinking exchange in incognito would be relatively seamless but now I’m staring down 200 dollar fees. Is there any way to pay in anything other than prv or get around these insane fees. At the very least I’d like to get it back to kucoin without paying 200 dollars. I’m stuck with 450 dollars in the middle of a bull run that has no use on this app

Hi @Vidar_Hageman, this post may be useful to explain what is going on with the gas recently: Can someone help me get a better understanding of how these fees work?

It is impossible to return the funds without paying fees because Incognito and Kucoin are not the same network. For the time being, I suggest you should stay in Incognito and wait until the fee gets stable.

2 Likes

Hi @Vidar_Hageman, I ran into a similar issue with Chainlink today. The exchange rate is decent if small, but once a certain threshold is reached, Uniswap gets involved and the exchange rate improves, but a $200 fee enters the picture :smile: I think Uniswap only comes into the equation due to the low level of Chainlink liquidity. Look at this example:
image image

My suggestion would be to hang tight, until more liquidity of your asset is provided to Incognito. Then you could get a good trade that should not include a substantial Uniswap transaction fee.

1 Like