[Solved] Doubt on anonymous transaction on incognito

Hey Guys,
It seems that the wallet is not anonymous!
Knowing the adress on my ledger(from which I send the tokens to incognito,token added manually) then I have looked on etherscan and I have succeded in finding the last destination of my tokens…!
I hope I am missing something…

immagine|1792x828 bitfinex!

1 Like

This is your shielding transaction which was done on the Ethereum Chain. So it is unfortunately normal, that this can be seen. But now your coin is shielded so if you sent it now to another incognito address it will be privately.

5 Likes

Hey @Lapoelkhan
Shielding transactions (Transactions that are sent to incognito) are public. Once your funds arrive at incognito, they are now private and untraceable, whatever you do within the incognito chain remains private.

3 Likes

I want to shield my token before arriving to bitfinex, what I need to do?
Because I thought that after sending to incognito wallet from a private adress on my ledger, the new transaction departing from incognito to bitfinex exchange is not linked with the first transaction. I mean that no one could understand that the adress on my ledger is linked with bitfinex. Do you understand what I mean?

It ‘s practically useless to move to another incognito wallet, because if i want to sell a token not listed in incognito dex I must send to centralized exchange. So my purpose is to move tokens between exchange on ethereum shielding transaction through incognito. If this is not possible I am in a mess :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Transactions on any chain are pretty much public except for privacy coins like XMR.

When you shield crypto with Incognito what you are actually doing is sending your crypto to an Incognito owned address. This is a public transaction. However, once this happens, incognito gives your incognito wallet pVersions of your coin. This is private, and no one knows who owns those pVersions. Sending and trading pVersions of a coin on the incognito network is completely anonymous. If you want to redeem your pVersions back to the actual crypto, you unshield. Unshielding is also a public process, however the orgins of the coins are unknown. If you shield a specific amount and then quickly unshield the same amount, it’s quite obvious that the coins are from the same person. However if you shield some coins, and slowly unshield different amounts, it’s much harder to figure out whose coins those were. Especially if you unshield diffrent crypto then you originally put in via trading.

That being said, all the coins that you can put into the Incognito network can be sold on Incognito. For example uniswap is integrated into Incognito so that covers all ERC-20 based coins. BTC, ETH, XMR, etc all have markets on Incognito. If there is no market, you can provide liquidity and create one.

Also the anonymity assumes that you are not the only person using that coin. For example if you shield an obscure ERC-20 token, and your the only one who put that coin in the network, then if you unshield, all those ERC-20 tokens are going to have a history connected to your account. However if you sell the ERC-20 tokens on the Incognito network, you can unshield a diffrent crypto like BTC and that would not be linked to you.

12 Likes

Very well put. Thank you for jumping in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Lapoelkhan, it’s a good case. Incognito can solve this problem for you and other users. Deposit on Bitfinex or all other centralized exchanges will be fully anonymous if they integrate Incognito’s privacy feature.

Our goal is to bring Incognito’s privacy gateway for every exchange, so transfers in/out to an exchange and between exchanges remains anonymous.

If you are part of the Bitfinex community, please spread this idea there and it might speed up integration process.

7 Likes

Just use monero to exchange between incognito and bfx

1 Like

Indeed Revolve very well put and explained… :100: :sunglasses:

1 Like