(Answered) My PRV are all missing and I never swap them

我懒得翻译成英文了,英语能力不太行,不能表述清楚我的想法
我对这个项目的技术人员很失望,有可能根本没有技术人员
最初我想尝试成为这个项目的验证节点,我用一台谷歌云上的设备按照官方给的操作步骤运行,我看了脚本内容,把出错的地方都修改了,在主机上能够正常运行了,我就购买了$150的PRV准备质押了,一看app中显示节点是离线状态,真是离了大谱,在tg中有一个人给了我一个在线验证节点否在线的网站,通过validate public key去查询,能查到我的节点是在线的。另一位tg上的相关人员联系了我,和我一起定位问题,可能是我没理解他的意思,他给我发了一个链接和几个截图说这样可以解决我的问题,我一看要输入助记词来登录,我当场起了怀疑,所以新创建一个钱包进行操作,网页上提示我说助记词不正确???那人后面和我说是因为我钱包里面没钱,折腾了一天我受不了了,想着被骗就被骗吧,直接拿有PRV的钱包的助记词去操作了,好家伙,还是不对,今天我一看手机里的钱包,PRV已经没有了,变成了价值$110的BNB,我反馈了这个信息,和我说是他们的钱包bug,又给了我一个在线客服的地址还带有工单号,又是需要填助记词的!不出所料还是报错,不知道是钓鱼网站故意返回错误还是他们的工具有问题报错,反正技术人员永远都是告诉我输入正确的助记词,折腾了个把小时以后BNB也没了,客服技术人员又告诉我incognito钱包需要$300的余额,这个规则我是闻所未闻也没有官方的出处,先不说联系我的人是不是骗子,就你们现在这个情况,我怎么会再转钱到这个钱包呢?如果incognito的团队能解决,希望你们重视一下你们口碑,如果我被骗了, 那我希望看得懂这个帖子的人多留个心眼

还是补上英文的吧,找翻译软件拼拼凑凑写了一段

I’m very disappointed with the technical team of this project, and it’s possible that there are no technical personnel at all. Initially, I wanted to become a validation node for this project. I followed the official instructions and ran the script on a Google Cloud device. After modifying the problematic parts of the script, it ran successfully on the host. I was ready to stake $150 in PRV. However, when I checked the app, it showed that the node was offline. I felt lost. Someone on Telegram provided me with a website to check if the validation node was online. Using the validate public key feature, I could see that my node was indeed online.

Another person on Telegram contacted me and helped me troubleshoot the issue. Perhaps I misunderstood him, but he sent me a link and several screenshots, saying it would solve my problem. When I saw that I needed to enter my mnemonic phrase to log in, I became suspicious. So, I created a new wallet for the operation. The website prompted me that the mnemonic phrase was incorrect? The person later told me it was because my wallet was empty. After struggling for a day, I couldn’t take it anymore, so I decided to try using the mnemonic phrase from a wallet that had PRV. To my surprise, it still didn’t work. Today, when I checked the wallet on my phone, the PRV was gone, replaced by $110 worth of BNB.

I reported this information, and they told me it was a bug in their wallet. They provided me with a link to an online customer service with a ticket number, but it required filling in the mnemonic phrase again! As expected, it returned an error. I don’t know if it’s a phishing website intentionally returning errors or if their tool has a problem. The technical personnel always tell me to enter the correct mnemonic phrase. After a couple of hours, I lost the BNB too. The customer service technical personnel told me that the Incognito wallet requires a balance of $300, a rule I’ve never heard of and couldn’t find any official source for. Even if the people contacting me are not scammers, given the current situation, why would I transfer money to this wallet again? If the Incognito team can resolve this, I hope they take their reputation seriously. If I was indeed scammed, then I hope people who understand this post will be more cautious.

Hello @sleeply,

We’re sorry to hear about your situation. It’s important to note that we only provide support through this forum and our official support email, not through Telegram or other social platforms. It appears you’ve encountered a phishing scam. Always remember, never share your mnemonic phrase with anyone or enter it on any website other than your own secure wallet. Using unofficial sites for wallet checks or troubleshooting can expose you to theft.

For future assistance, please use our official channels. Stay vigilant about requests involving your private keys or mnemonic phrases, as these are common red flags for scams.

We’re here to help with any further issues through our designated support avenues.