Staying With Incognito

I understand about the recent changes in the Incognito team and direction of the blockchain, but after much thought I decided that I am staying with the project. My first instinct was to leave but the more I thought about it and read all of the posts, I realized this is just a temporary “chill time” to reorganize and strengthen, and if anything, it is actually a good time to buy more PRV while it is less expensive right now. After this year’s improvements are made to the blockchain to strengthen it even more, by the end of the year we could see new marketing and the rehire of PR teams who will then send things back to the moon. That is my vision anyways.
Not that my individual participation matters all that much to make a whole post on it… but it does matter to me if all of the early adopters start to jump ship. I still believe in the long term success of Incognito.

So, Im curious, will you be keeping your crypto with Incognito through this year’s changes?:

• Yes
  • No, gone for good
  • No, but I might be back later

0 voters

13 Likes

Personally I will always be around, but my funds will be back when things are more stable and improved upon. I think some important things need to be worked out. I also still believe in the long term success of Incognito. However the only caveat to that would be if the correct things that need to be focused on are not getting focused on. For me it’s tough to say with certainty that is the current direction with all the unknowns at play. Decentralization is deff good though.

8 Likes

Hey, @Mike_Despo it is good to see and hear from you it had been a while…I am glad to see your post and your thoughts on the status of Incognito and what you stated pretty much is how I feel as well…I too will be staying on board here with Incognito but yea as to assets well I am taking more of a reserved or cautious outlook and therefore the number of current holdings are less than before due to recent events but I am not totally out…the poll you placed in your opening post was a cool idea…gives many of us an idea how perhaps things are feeling around Incognito at this time…might be cool if the poll was to take place once a week or when something particularly eventful happens to well then further gauge the mood here at the community at that time…just a thought…anyway once again good to see you and well til next time… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

First time poster and relatively new to incognito (past 6 months). I think some of the fear that people have expressed in posts and telegram is understandable especially given the growth trajectory the team was on. Fundamentally however I think the thesis on privacy and decentralization hasn’t changed. I would also point out that some recent frustration is may be due to FOMO in some other coins that have boomed. Those types of people are not committed to the project. The only thing I would emphasize is that the lack of communication around the changes / team was terrible. The founders definitely didn’t handle things well in that regard.

At the end of the day if the devs are creating a better overall ecosystem that will address key concerns in the future then the project will be on a better place. I’m keeping my stake in prv and nodes.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @SPAddict25 and thank you for your post and comments…it is good to hear from fellow community members that believe in the project though yes it is going thru a rough period at this time… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ll stay despite the flaws in the product (vnode & app) I’ve experienced in the past couple months. I’ve had good interaction with @support asking for help. I understand there has been some turbulence in the team, and in their interactions with some community members. I believe individual voices are still heard and not suppressed, which is why I want to give the team a chance to improve from here, and support them by continue using the platform.

3 Likes

I would like to hear if they plan on bring a marketing team back in the future…

did we grow too fast and possibly scare them that they might get cracked down on if incognito could be considered black market work…

most companies dont take 10 growth steps back to fix a problem

2 Likes

Good point there @Interceptingfist:sunglasses:

Always here!

2 Likes

I’m here. Imho, the next bull or the last part of this bull will be for the privacy ecosystems and private DeFi since this time the crypto has taken so much attention from the governments. Both bad or good news. Bad: The number of our competitors is increasing. Secret is not our sole competitor anymore. Good: This shows that there is a need and some visionary people see this need.

5 Likes

200% staying. Waiting for the big dip, which will probably not happen, to buy back PRV cheap. No funds are being moved out.

7 Likes

I’m new to the forums but I actively read the telegram. I wanted to post my thoughts as I might have a different perspective. I recently started using incognito a few months ago. I thought that everything was already decentralized and since it was in the google play store my funds were relatively safe. It seems that everything is more unstable then it initially looks which means I am less comfortable putting in larger sums. I will still use shielding and unshielding but for way smaller amounts I am comfortable loosing. A project like this requires transparency idk why it’s not.

5 Likes

Support has been on point with responding to issues for me. Glad to be apart of the community, staying long term. Keep up the work, things happen we are pivoting in the right direction whether the price is over valued or undervalued.

3 Likes

I love lulls in good projects. All project teams go through this. The successful ones persevere and when they come out the other side…moon. I’ll be stackin’ sats.

3 Likes

I mean I disagree, not all projects lack transparency and fund distribution data. In fact, from all the projects I’ve been with, this is honestly a first. Most legitimate crypto projects are pretty transparent when it comes to matters like this. It doesn’t make sense for them to not be as it’s a hindrance to progress and big investors.

1 Like

Hey! Could you please tell me how I can contact with founders?

Hey @Support, s/he is looking for the founders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will talk to her over telegram, thanks.

1 Like