pNodes stuck in Pending

I have 4 pNodes that have all been Pending for almost 3 days now.
I’ve never seen them take this long to go from pending to earning, I’ve also never seen them all pending at the same time. With the recent pNode changes, is this the new normal or do I need to power cycle? Has anyone else noticed extensive periods of pending/earning?

1 Like

This is normal. You can actually look at each nodes status in the app now and see exactly how many epochs they have to wait before the go into committee to earn. Each Epoch is about 4 hours. I still haven’t seen a response as to why, but only 2 nodes are currently waiting to be selected out of 2600. 256 are earning, and the rest are pending.

My vnodes are currently waiting in pending between 1 and 10.5 days right now.

2 Likes

@Thriftinkid, that is very interesting and helpful, thank you! i was able to check all 4, 2 of them appear all good, online and waiting.
2 seem to have different issues:
1 of them shows a green dot on the Power screen, but the monitor details show the status Offline and the beacon says “12 days ago (stalling)”, with the role Pending Shard 5;
The other one has a perpetual gray dot on the Power screen ever since I bought it a year ago, support seems unable to help me with that one, so I never really know for sure what it’s doing.
@Thriftinkid or anyone else have any experience with the stalling status? and if it’s self correcting? or is this a support team question?

1 Like

Hi @VINWOSNI, I am from the team. This is completely normal as @Thriftinkid explanation. You can track your node status and how long it must wait before becoming a committee of a specific shard.
Link: https://monitor.incognito.org/
Example:
Screenshot from 2021-05-25 15-19-34
Checkout the Next event field. As you can see in the example above, the given node must wait 27 more epoch to become committee. This is equal to 108 (27*4) hour, as an epoch’s duration is 4 hours.

1 Like

Mr @khanhj please help him with stalling status

1 Like

Screenshot_20210524-225330_Incognito Wallet

Please remember to keep your node in online status, otherwise it would be bad for the network

@hungngo
It seems out of my control. My nodes are always plugged in and always connected to my LAN internet. The app shows the node with a green dot, meaning online (?) but on the monitor detail page it’s showing as offline. I did try power cycling it, but that changed nothing, it came back the same exact way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey @VINWOSNI,

We continue to improve syncing process of pNode/vNode so that you guys won’t stuck with Stalling status.
Here is helpful command to check your pNode.
Can you try this, save the log and send to us for debugging.

@khanhj,
I messaged you the error log and a screenshot of the log list.
thank you very much for your assistance.

2 Likes

@VINWOSNI the team should be able to solve this issue now that they have your error log info. The sync stall has been an issue for many, and support is working it out on their end.

2 Likes