Integrate Incognito into Signal (PoC)

Good, I would also vote for TestFlight because of this reason. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

As you probably noticed I edited my post to make my code base public. I currently build things. Stay tuned. :construction_worker_man: :construction:

5 Likes

Hi all.
Have a look of the current progress.

6 Likes

Nice!
I’m on it now. Thanks for making this video, @andireuter! Keep up your work! :muscle:

1 Like

I pushed changes to have QR code scanning available in the IncognitoPayKit. On Sunday I will record another video to show you the progress. :construction_worker_man:

update:
I’m sorry for not recording a new update. As some of you probably saw on weekend I am figuring out a secure way to integrate the official SDK into IncognitoPayKit. Stay tuned.

8 Likes

Hi,
it is me. :slight_smile:

After a short break I finished the backend, it is open sourced too. You can take a look in the GitHub I attached to the initial post of this thread. In its sub folder IncognitoPayFunctions you will find the backend hosted in Firebase and secured with SSL. Indeed it is a temporary backend because of the iOS native implementation I do in Swift/UIKit. I will keep you posted on a decentralised implementation. :construction_worker_man: :construction:

I welcome you to have a look on the Privacy transaction I did to validate if the backend does work. :raised_hands:

I also added the title “Powered by Incognito” to the action sheet that opens if user clicks the Incognito Pay button. I contribute to build spread the word of Incognito and Incognito payments.

9 Likes

In addition to my previous post to give you all an update on my progress. I want to say thank you to @Chucky to provide Test PRVs.

I am close to push the Wallet Sample app, before I do the Signal app integration. Therefore I want to ask you to send a valid Apple ID via PM. You must download TestFlight app and sign in with this Apple ID. I encourage to sign up for a new Apple ID to stay private and safe. I will not store your Apple IDs, except for test purposes in appstoreconnect.apple.com.

Let me know if this is transparent for you guys.

4 Likes

I want remind you that I’m continuously document in this wiki https://github.com/IncognitoPayKit/IncognitoPayKit/wiki

2 Likes

Late night update (2:30 am CET): :ghost:

I finished:

• Cloud Function to securely receive wallet balance. Here I benefit from Go SDK of Incognito. I will make some improvement proposals about this soon.
  • Safe keychain to store wallet keys locally
  • Wallet api clients to consume Cloud Functions in IncognitoPayKit

:sleeping:

4 Likes

I make good progress.

I finished:

• Backend of wallet import via private key
  • Test and harden backend
5 Likes

Hi all,

I finished:

• A view to show contacts with their images, first and last name
  • Integrate QR code camera in contact list

Linkt to video

7 Likes

Hi again,

Have a Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree: :santa:

I started to develop the payment screens linked with the contact list. Have fun watching this short update video.

Link to video

:point_right: Link to new update video

9 Likes

Hey @andireuter awesome news, do you think we will be able to experience anonymous payment our Signal apps ?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @andrey
Yes, unfortunately the Signal community doesn’t seem to be ready. What do you think? But we can fork Signal app anyhow. :smiley: I propose to publish an Incognito Signal messenger in iOS app store as long as it isn’t officially in the main branch of Signal app.

In addition we can talk with others they maintain Signal forks. Because I build a framework in iOS. It means everyone/develop can integrate Incognito Payment with 1 line of code in her/his app. :muscle: I will also publish a website soon to explain things further, as well for developers.

Status of my development, things to do:

1. Create/Import wallet workflow if someone clicks the Incognito Pay button its first time. Only ui work because keychain and API backend is already completed
  2. A notification if nodes validated the transfer on the blockchain and recipient received finally the PRV
  3. A notification if you received PRV from someone else
  4. Integrate Incognito Pay button (1 liner) in Signal fork

I finish these few tasks this week. I keep you posted.

• Incognito Signal app temporary in iOS app store
  • Wait for Signal main branch to integrate our Incognito Payment

0 voters

6 Likes

Hey,

Update, things completed

• Create new wallet workflow
  • Light and dark mode optimisation
  • Pulsing animation for Incognito Pay button. Later this pulsing animation is playing while a transaction is pending. You can open the video linked in this post to watch the pulsing animation. :smiley:
  • Optimise copy to clipboard layout
  • Apply blur effect to backgrounds of views. Makes it more integrable with other app designs

Link to video - dark mode

4 Likes

Hey,

I developed handling of errors, loading indicator, send PRV, import your wallet and worked on some ui glitches. :raised_hands:

:point_right: I talk to @binh because of an error I receive back from RPC privacy transaction on testnet.

Update, things to do:

• Integrate Incognito Pay button (1 liner) in Signal fork
  • Set up app for an app review, invite you guys for beta testing.

I only received 1 appleid. Is there anyone else who would like to be invited to the beta test?

3 Likes

Hi all,

Another working day.

I forked to Incognito Signal for iOS. :raised_hands:

I successfully adjusted its build settings and connect the project with my developer account at Apple. Now I will integrate the IncognitoPayKit and prepare the documents for a review. But in between I will invite you as beta testers. :smiley:

6 Likes

How to be a beta tester @andireuter?

If you have an iPhone, you can just send him your appleID via PM in order to participate in the beta test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A short update:
I’m delayed by an issue I face on testnet, new validations make it impossible to transfer PRVs. But I must complete more tests before I switch to mainnet and let you install the app.

I will share a new product video with you soon.

@binh @andrey

2 Likes