[Solved] Beelink 8/256 node setup

Hi guys I’ve bought a beelink 8/256 mini pc and I want to run my node from it.
Now the problem is when I enter the incognito setup lines into the terminal it just returns errors because it doesn’t understand what it is and thinks run.sh is html.
I’ve got the latest ubuntu desktop and I’ve ran the updates but do I need to install anything else like docker or ubuntu server.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Jay

Hey, I may not be the most helpful since i am not very technical, but on my VPS i ran it on ubuntu 16.04 and i did have to install docker for the containers. After i did that and apt-upgrade/update i ran the run.sh command and it worked correctly.

Hope that helped somewhat.

1 Like

I’ll try installing docker first and see how far I get.
Thanks

1 Like

You can use this thread. I have done it a few days ago. Setup up a second one is more tricky though. Because you have to change three ports. I am still in the process to understand how to do it.

1 Like

The problem i had was once ubuntu was setup on my mini pc I entered the commands into the terminal and just got errors.
So I installed docker and added my user to the docker user group.
Then I opened ports 9334,9335 on my router and on my mini pc.
Gave my mini pc a static in address.
I then ran the multi vnode script and it setup my two notes with no problems.
I added the multi script to the mini pc startup incase of reboots.
And the app accepted my new ip addresses.

The mini pc is a beelink Gemini X45 it cost £170 from Amazon and its been running 2 nodes for about an hour now.

Thanks for your help guys I just needed a nudge in the right direction.

It is a 4 cores cpu and not really fast celeron J4105. You won’t be able to run 2 nodes properly on this machine. 1 should be ok.

Yer thats the one, it seems ok so far

1 Like

It is another great experiment. If it is capable of running two nodes will become known onces the nodes start earning. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose there’s any way to see if their pulling their weight other than payment of course.
They were still :running_man:‍♂ this morning so I turned my Ionos VPS off and now its all down to the little Beelink X45 to do all the hard work.
Jay

2 Likes

So far so good, the first of my two nodes on the £170 Beelink X45 mini PC has earned its first 30 PRV.
Jay

1 Like