Economics of Incognito Network

I like seeing such heated discussion, it means that people care. Bullish :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heated discussions are not new to Incognito. The dev’s handle it the best they can. When there was a bunch of backlash on the rates decreasing with the Add Liquidity tab, the Incognito Dev team worked hard to come out with the Provide Tab really quickly. Everybody here wants the project to succeed, the only way for that to happen is to see things from multiple perspectives. I really love the community here, and the fact that I have influence on the project, means that this is by far the safest place for me to put my money. Very long term bullish, especially if PRV is a utility coin and isn’t heavy on the speculative trading. I know that might change in the future, but thats when the big boi profits come :money_mouth_face: Better get in now!

9 Likes

Hey guys, very intensive week. I still remember about the thread, will try to get back with a proper answer asap.

1 Like

Just a reminder @andrey :wink:

Hey guys! Just went through the thread and found that most of the discussion is going on around three things: earnings (1), control of the network (2), and some confusion about Provide and Nodes (3).

1. Regarding the earnings part. I think everyone should decide for themself if it is interesting for him/her to run a node, provide liquidity, be custodians, donate to the builders, or be a builder. Hopefully, beside the earning part, you’ll also consider the needs of the network.

2. Topics about control of the network discussed quite a lot. Just want to highlight that we are on the way to decentralization, as it was announced on the beginning. Please find more about where we go and how we plan to achieve it at Incognito's pragmatic approach to decentralization, and the Incognito Core Dev 2020 Live Roadmap.

3. The third part is a confusion of what’s going on around provide and nodes. Will try to answer pointed concerns from @sato

• The Incognito Core doesn’t run nodes beside fixed slots
  • Coins for funded staking are locked from the fixed slots (once it’s possible, the funded staking will be powered by community too). Reward split funds new podes.
  • Regarding the Provide. Monthly rewards must be paid back to users ≈ 60k - 70k PRV (verify liquidity on incscan). Half of which comes from Provide’s vnodes ( ≈ 400) and another half from fixed slots.

Provide is not the final product it’s a transition from ADD + Pool to - Liquidity v.2

Next Friday, we are going to host PRV Holders Call. I am inviting all you guys to join the call and don’t miss a chance to talk about all these and other questions directly to the team.

8 Likes

Very insightful. Thank you for taking the time for a detailed response!