[Shipped] App v.4

When I want to create a security passcode, the alert “Backup your account first…” still shows up. Which is a good idea in general. But if I click “Back up now” it still leads to the private keys and forces me copy them. But I do not want to copy them into the memory as I use now seed phrase etc.

I would suggest to change the alert:
Backup your account first
Please backup your accounts before using passcode
I´ll backup later / Backup now

When I click backup later, I should be able to create a passcode (does not work now).
When I click backup now, it should show the seed phrase instead of private keys and I should not be forced to copy it into the memory.

6 Likes

I also do not like being forced to copy my private keys to clipboard memory.

5 Likes

Your words, my words!

1 Like

@sato @marko @iksolon noted and agreed. i think we should apply this app-wide too, so in addition to keys, addresses are scrollable not just copyable, etc. I’ll update you guys when it’s done.

this is currently on the list: the flow is outdated and will be improved.

thanks!

13 Likes

Thanks @ning :+1:

hello everyone, thanks for tuning in to app v.4!

we launched a few big improvements this quarter that we’ll continue to uh… improve. pDEX got a few new features, and will be getting more soon. HD wallet finally became a thing – try it out if you haven’t!

in general, we’re trying to improve the way we build, communicate and test, so thanks to everyone for being patient with us over the past year. suggestions always welcome.

the last item on this list is the first version of the web extension, which should go live in the next week or two.

no rest for the wicked though - here’s app v.5.

6 Likes

Hi @ning…thank you for the news on app v.4…I own a ledger wallet and will give it a spin indeed… :sunglasses:

I am seeking more information about Priority fees. I paid for upgraded trade speed and the trade took 17 minutes just to be submitted. 17 minutes of watching the wheel spin advising me not to change windows. Needless to say the trade ultimately failed. Very frustrated with this experience.

What happens on each of the three Priority tiers? What are the mechanics of the :zap: :zap: :zap: upgrade?

If the loading window was spinning for that long something else was going wrong. As the speed upgrade is how fast the network processes your transaction.

Is it possible that you were having issues with your WiFi or data connection at the time? I’ve never had an app action not post.

The trade posted but failed presumably due to market rates changing over the elapsed 17 minutes.

Re: connection issues, I have noticed more network traffic from Incognito to Google being blocked in a firewall, but my network is otherwise strong/stable AFAIK

If you submit a trade using :zap: and I submit a trade using :zap: :zap: :zap: afterwards, does my trade get inserted into the queue to be processed ahead of yours?

That is most likely why it took so long to implement your trade. You should allow Incognito access. I have never had to wait so long on the waiting screen for a trade to place.

Presumably, that should be how it is implemented.

Where can I find this document?

Here you go: https://docs.incognito.org/

3 Likes

Thanks, @Ducky.

1 Like

When is web extensions hitting the chrome store?

1 Like

Hey @taruneldho
We are planning to launch the web extension this month. The official proposal with our plans for extension will be published this week. :blush:

2 Likes

I would add to this list on Validator page a link to the RPC calls that a someone can use to check status of their validator locally

https://docs.incognito.org/validator

3 Likes

Let me forward this suggestion to dev. :raised_hands:

1 Like