Would it be possible to create a VPN using Nodes?

Here there is a nice service where you can pay with BTC but it is more like a normal VPN! SatoshiVPN

We could also do something like that in the future and i was asking myself if it would be possible making it decentralized using nodes?

4 Likes

I like this idea.

Unless the hardware on the node tree isn’t sufficient, I think it would be really cool for it to have extra add-on functions. Running a VPN is super, super easy I imagine. An add-on for running an Ethereum node, is perhaps a different story. I still like the idea of selling an Ethereum+Incognito device for marketing and decentralization purposes.

1 Like

In the last Incognito Call they talk about adding other services to the node tree , so i was interested to know if a dVPN could be possible on those devices? Or maybe one day we could add some kind of super nodes where you have more power but a bigger amount of PRV to stake, in that way we could run even more stuff on the network!

1 Like

It would be interesting to run a Skycoin node on the pNodes along side of Incognito.

Note: There’s a max limit of 8 nodes per IP address though.

Skycoin / Skywire is very privacy and decentralized focused as well. Their mission is to completely rewrite the internet and give the access back to the people and not to large corporations / governments.

1 Like