Why is app version different in phone settings?

In the Incognito wallet app itself, under settings, the app says v4.7.3.

But in my Android phone settings, in the app list, Incognito Wallet is listed as 4.9.0.

What is the cause/reason for this discrepancy?

1 Like

Hello @drusin,

I have asked a dev to step in and provide clarification.

1 Like

Hi, @drusin the version displayed inside the app includes updates via codepush, so it will be different from the version displayed on the store.

I’m not sure you understand what I’m saying. I didn’t say anything about an app store.

I’m talking about a discrepancy between the version number displayed in the app itself versus the version displayed in the app list in Android settings on the device where the app is installed.

Does anyone know?

There are 2 versions of the app. A hard app version which is pushed to both the Google Play store and Apple app store. After that version small changes may be made and pushed directly to the app for quick fixes and rollouts as soft app version. Hope this makes sense and clears things up. Apps will only be pushed to the app stores when there are serious changes needed to be made.

Are you saying “small changes” “pushed directly to the app” will change the version number displayed in the settings area in the app…but the device operating system will not recognize this change?

1 Like

The real version (or the version with minor version part) may be added to the splash screen to overcome the issue @drusin mentions.