What happens when the Shielding address expires?

Like I want to send to send to my incognito address wallet. What happens if what I want to send takes more than the time and it expires? Does it get sent back or stay in limbo forever?

The exchange I’m using says the transaction usually takes several days to send. If it takes several days to send, how do I move it to the incognito wallet if I only have 2 hours to get it there?

Some transaction/asset types have a Retry feature in the shield history when a transaction times out. Failing that, you can reach to support here on the forums to assist in pushing the transaction through. Support now goes directly to through the devs, so it may take more time than in the past if you need their assistance.

However –

If you know withdrawals from your sending exchange will take more than 2 hours to complete, you should withdraw to an intermediate account/address you control, then send to Incognito with a network appropriate to ensure confirmation in the allotted time.

You can use a hardware wallet like a Ledger or Trezor, if your crypto asset is supported. Or you can use a mobile wallet or desktop software wallet. Most projects will offer at least one official wallet and many maintain a list of safe/recommended wallets.

4 Likes

Okay thanks. Yeah I was thinking maybe I’ll just send it to another address then when it clears that sending it to incognito.

2 Likes