Weekly Earning Statistics for 12 vNodes - Week Ending Dec 12, 2020

What are the cost of each vnode? And how much are you staking into?
Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there.

This might be of good help. https://incognito.validator.services/

2 Likes

Hello @pierandrea,

I’m using various VPS providers for my nodes (AWS, NameCheap, Hostgator, Contabo and Vultr). Each provider has different pricing, but my average cost comes out to about $15 per month, per node. I’m staking 1750 PRV in each node.

As Chucky indicated, the tool below will help you play with some numbers:

2 Likes

Thanks for the numbers.
Will you update every month?

1 Like

Hello @Rat
Yes - I will update at least twice a month or so.

4 Likes

Great! Happy someone else is posting too, so we can cross compare.

2 Likes

FYI - I updated the post with the recent two weeks of data! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the post with data for the last two weeks!

2 Likes

Next 2 weeks of data added, the drop in rewards is probably attributed to the 25% jump in the total number of validators in August.

2 Likes

Same here, just a bit less earnings per node… My node earnings has been 10 PRV/ node this week. Why are earnings so low again? Any testnet problems again? Something must have happened again…

Thanks for sharing, I love to see data from real experience.

1 Like

I’ve added the last three weeks of data. Apologies for not being able to post last week, I typically do this once every two weeks.

1 Like

Hi Sid, I receive a really small amount of USDC (0.0001) as reward for my vnode, is it common also to you?

Getting a very small (nearly negligible) amount of rewards in other tokens (USDC, BTC, ETH, XMR, etc.) is part of the overall reward a vNode earns, when selected. Since that amount is very small, I am not including those in the overall rewards calculation. This may change in the future years, though.

2 Likes

Last 3 weeks of data added (through Oct 10, 2020).

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @sid, it’s very helpful, I should make my own tracking sheet like yours

That’s great to know, it helps me has an overview for earning by vnode

Thanks for continuing to do this, I love the data!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ve added the last 2 months of data, sorry for the delay in posting. Been busy the last few weeks!

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch @sid for giving us more insight on how the mining is going!
Can you maybe give us even a bit more insight? My question would be: What do you think about the mining at the moment? It seems to me that it is a bit of a gamble, since you definitely have some up- and downswings in the earnings. You have several nodes, which take out a lot of that fluctuation, but to me as a newbie who is only thinking about setting up ONE node: would you recommend it? Or should I rather stick to the “safer” option of providing coins for 28% APY at the moment.