Weekly Earning Statistics for 12 vNodes - Week Ending Dec 12, 2020

As promised, I’m starting to share my weekly node earnings, similar to how another community member started earlier this year. @Mike_Despo - thank you for inspiring me to do this! :slight_smile:

Averages of the last 26 weeks (about 6 months):
Average Earnings per Node (per week) = 20 PRV (used to be around 21 till Aug 2020, then went down as more validators joined the party)
Average Earnings per Node (per week) in USD = $22 (Used to be around $20 till Aug, but this increased recently due to the PRV token value gain)
APY = 82% (calculated using average weekly USD value of rewards relative to investment $ value of 1750 PRV staked for each node in June 2020)

I’ll add more general information and charts to this post in the following weeks, please feel free to ask any questions.

Disclaimers and Notes:
1 - I don’t work for Incognito.org and these stats are my personal account of factual experiences. This doesn’t necessarily guarantee similar earnings on your nodes. Please use this as a reference guide to make your investment decisions by considering all associated risks.
2 - This post is not to be taken as investment advise and there are no guarantees (correlation doesn’t lead to causation)!
3 - I’ve calculated the $ amounts by bench marking the market rate on Sunday of the most recent week using https://incscan.io/pdex/markets
4 - Although this project will continue to need validators in the near future, it is important to note that the reward rate will not stay consistent. All metrics like APY and related benefits will most likely deplete over time as the project matures. If your goal is to just make money with high returns, this project is probably not the right fit. At least that’s how I see it.

I hope this post helps some of the new validators on the network! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

got some bad luck with number 7

Yeah, but node7 finally got selected earlier this week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are the cost of each vnode? And how much are you staking into?
Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there.

This might be of good help. https://incognito.validator.services/

2 Likes

Hello @pierandrea,

I’m using various VPS providers for my nodes (AWS, NameCheap, Hostgator, Contabo and Vultr). Each provider has different pricing, but my average cost comes out to about $15 per month, per node. I’m staking 1750 PRV in each node.

As Chucky indicated, the tool below will help you play with some numbers:

2 Likes

Thanks for the numbers.
Will you update every month?

1 Like

Hello @Rat
Yes - I will update at least twice a month or so.

4 Likes

Great! Happy someone else is posting too, so we can cross compare.

2 Likes

FYI - I updated the post with the recent two weeks of data! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the post with data for the last two weeks!

2 Likes

Next 2 weeks of data added, the drop in rewards is probably attributed to the 25% jump in the total number of validators in August.

2 Likes

Same here, just a bit less earnings per node… My node earnings has been 10 PRV/ node this week. Why are earnings so low again? Any testnet problems again? Something must have happened again…

Thanks for sharing, I love to see data from real experience.

1 Like

I’ve added the last three weeks of data. Apologies for not being able to post last week, I typically do this once every two weeks.

1 Like

Hi Sid, I receive a really small amount of USDC (0.0001) as reward for my vnode, is it common also to you?

Getting a very small (nearly negligible) amount of rewards in other tokens (USDC, BTC, ETH, XMR, etc.) is part of the overall reward a vNode earns, when selected. Since that amount is very small, I am not including those in the overall rewards calculation. This may change in the future years, though.

2 Likes

Last 3 weeks of data added (through Oct 10, 2020).

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @sid, it’s very helpful, I should make my own tracking sheet like yours

That’s great to know, it helps me has an overview for earning by vnode