Web Wallet for Incognito Investors

One of the most requested tool was a web wallet by the community

We are dedicated to supporting Incognito investors to grow the network and attract serious investments. Our first proposal was to provide an informational website for people who don’t have time to read the forum.

Meanwhile in the background, we created our first pDapp development kit My pApp development kit
and worked on a node dashboard used by many:
New node statistics board

Now we are ready to present our next proposal: the Investor Web Wallet

1. What privacy problem are you solving?

Serious Incognito investors need a wallet accessible from their computer with detailed earning statistics and a paper wallet generator.

2. What is the solution?

We have started to extend the node dashboard with a web wallet, only the paper wallet functionality available now: https://watch.incognito.market/

Our goal is to provide the core functionalities of the mobile wallet on the web with extra features requested by investors. This is not a replacement, but an extension to the current solution.

3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?

There is a CLI wallet in progress: CLI Wallet

The core team focuses on the mobile wallet only, which is an awesome product, but many users don’t have a smartphone or don’t like to trust them.

Also people already use our website to get real-time information about their nodes. They requested to extend it with earnings, but currently it is not possible without handling private keys, so the web wallet is our next logical step.

We will be able to provide features like auto-harvester or push notifications once a node earned.
Anonymous global earning statistics is also a feature we plan to add. (should be optional)

4. Who are you?

We are ZGEN, a bureaucracy-free online guild of hackers, makers & entrepreneurs. I am the CEO & founder of the legal entity behind ZGEN.

5. Why do you care?

We believe Incognito will soon have a momentum and will grow exponentially, but investors need a web wallet badly, which could pull back the growth if doesn’t exist.

6. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?

Ship Date Deliverable
~30 days A usable version with PRV only and no multiple accounts.
~60 days A full version with privacy tokens and multiple accounts.
~365 days Implementing features requested by the community.

7. What’s your budget?

This project will be undertaken by a team of three for 2 months.

Resource Cost Quantity Monthly Cost
Senior Software Engineer 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
Designer 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
UI Developer 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
Collaborators 300 PRV vary 300 PRV
TOTAL (x 2 months) 6600 PRV
Resource Cost Quantity Monthly Cost
Maintaining 1 300 PRV
TOTAL (x 12 months) 3600 PRV

8. Is there an existing conversation around this idea?

All over the forum.
We will probably collaborate with @inccry to integrate a chart into the wallet.
@palumboe1 and @iceberg77 will probably give us super useful feedback
and @Mike_Despo inspires us, as the ultimate Incognito investor :wink:

He has provided earning statistics manually for months: Node Earnings Statistics - Weekly Update 5/16/20

9. Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

This proposal doesn’t include hardware wallet integration, online pDEX and privacy coin creation.
This proposal could only start after we finished our current one.

8 Likes

Hey @raz, I may miss something but this is from the roadmap.

What will the differences be between your wallet and the wallet in the roadmap?

2 Likes

Does we copy/paste our own private key in web wallet? Web wallet always gains less of my trust than mobile. Decentralized web wallet is much more vulnerable than mobile wallet.

1 Like

We could ship this in June, so the core team can focus on the mobile wallet or make the desktop wallet faster.

According to Github, they haven’t started to work on the web wallet and the whole Incognito movement is based on collaboration of a global community: I am not saying ours will be the only web wallet, but this is an urgent issue and we are ready to work on it now.

I am not familiar with the initial design of the web wallet, but our solution focuses exclusively on investors and provide advanced tools for them.

2 Likes

You generate a new wallet in your browser, then use QR codes for export & import of the private key. We will implement hardware wallets later, but its hard to work with Ledger or Trezor.

It will work similar to Myerherwallet, watch.incognito.market is a client-side interface already: doesn’t store anything centrally.

Its only more vulnerable if your desktop device is more vulnerable than your mobile. If you use Linux, its definitely more secure than iOS or Android.
Binance just published a security alert about the native iOS mail app, which could be used as backdoor to your phone at this moment. I recommend you to delete it until iOS 13.4.5 is out

1 Like