Upgraded phone, no secret key for pNode

I upgraded my phone and copied my apps over. When I checked my node this morning I found everything was blank and I had to restore the keys.
I have all the backup keys except my pNode, is there any way to recover it? Would setting the node up again on the new phone restore my old balance?

3 Likes

You are mixing node and account, so I am not completely sure what you have and don’t have.

You can setup the node again, using the “Add an existing node” option. You may have to scroll down a bit to see that option on screen (Step 1 of setting up a Node).

If you didn’t save the keys of the account assigned to the node, then those funds are lost. In that case, do not withdraw any of your earnings till a new account has been assigned to your node.

10 Likes

@Jamie, thank you.
To clarify, i added my node back as an existing node, but the app shows missing account and I don’t have the private key to get it back.
How do i assign a new account?

3 Likes

Hi @VINWOSNI, we have to make sure that you have a Node by checking your Node remotely. Please prepare the following:
1/ An Ethernet cable to connect your Node to the router
2/ A computer/ laptop to install this software: http://anydesk.com/

I will access to your computer, the session is about 20 minutes. Could we do it tomorrow night (Tuesday) at 8 pm PT?

5 Likes

@Peter, yes, thank you.

3 Likes

pulled the same thing, can we please also set up a time to solve this. Really bummed, just lost the screen shot on phone upgrade. Bye monies :weary:

1 Like

That’s bad. @FilthyBill Let’s do it now, or at 8PM PT tomorrow (Wednesday) is that okay for you?

2 Likes

sincere apologies, missed this won’t be able to handle this evening, can we set it up for 8pm PT 7/23?

Sure thing @FilthyBill. See you tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

@FilthyBill Hi, are you there?