Changes to Provide

@andrey If there is a project that wants to list a token in pDEX and have a way to attract liquidity from users, what’s the way to follow? Can them ask incognito to list the token under provide for example, paying some fees to incognito to cover the passive income associated to the provided liquidity (estimation)? Or the only way is to wait for the new provide system?
What is the simplest method to track a liquidity provide operation and use that info to create a reward system (inside or outside incognito) targeting holders for a particular project?

Hey @Horus87,

From a technical perspective, any pCoin can be added to provide.

Option 1
If there is a demand from the community (our or external) to maintain liquidity and trade their coin on pDEX we will be happy to support and potentially add them to provide.

To understand the demand we recommend them to add a pair with their coin and pitch to their users to add initial liquidity directly to pDEX via ADD functionality (it’s permissionless)

Once the trading volume for their pair is ≈$10k day, we can consider to adding them into Provide.

Option2
Besides the Provide, they also can set up their own Liquidity Mining program.

1. They set up initial liquidity pCoin <> PRV
  2. Define the condition (reward rates, timeline, etc) for Liquidity providers who wants to participate
  3. Then they can to do daily or weekly snapshots of liquidity providers for particular pair and reward them according to the defined conditions.

With the second option liquidity providers became owner of the pair and able to maintain liquidity and modify condition without interaction with incognito core team.

2 Likes

Does it automatically withdraw rewards and provide more pool by itself?

1 Like

nope, it’s not automatically, user has to initiate withdrawal for his/her rewards or liquidity.

UPD: @ADcaprio quick clarification, if you ask from APY perspective, you do not need to withdraw and submit funds each time, it’s compounded automatically.

2 Likes

I see, hope the team plan that functions for the next big update. It will be very helpful for us

2 Likes

If you have more ideas or suggestions what should be added/improved, strongly to recommend you to share your thoughts here -> App v.4. The most useful ideas might be added to the next sprint)

3 Likes

Thank you Andrey, really complete answer!

I dont think i have enough chainlink to get 10k daily, but if it was on the provide list I would definitely put all mine up.

Hey @JoyRaptor I think the main question here if Links community would like to trade on pDEX ?

If there is demand, make sense to move in this direction. Could you bring this idea to thee Link community to test the water ?

5 Likes

Useful information, thanks for the update, 28% is a good rate

1 Like

Hello!
Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question, but i did not know where else to post this question:
How is the APY being calculated exactly?
Say i earn 28% on PRV. The interest is shown in grey underneath - do i earn on those accrued interest as well - or do i have to first withdraw and then provide again?
Follow up on that - if i have usdt and earn 10% - the interest is paid in prv. Do i now earn 28% on the unwithdrawn accrued interest - or the 10% for usdt?
Hope i made my question understandable. Thanks in advance

1 Like

The interest is compounding. Therefore it is automatically added and you will accrue interest on your interest. :smile:

4 Likes

Okay thank you!
But on the interest since it is always prv - i will earn the 28% even though the original deposit was done in usdt?

No. I believe you earn at the interest rate of the base currency.

3 Likes

Yes indeed

1 Like

Thanks guys - thats what I thought.
So in order to maximize the interest yield its best to withdraw frequently and redeposit again. I mean you have the interest generated in prv anyway - so wha not earn the higher interest on it as well?

1 Like

No. The interest is compounding. Meaning it adds the interest and allows you to earn interest on it automatically. There is no need to withdraw and redeposit.

So which one is it?
28% on the interest (which is denominated in PRV) - or 10 % for the original deposit USDT?
If it was 10% on the interest it would make sense to withdraw and redeposit in PRV to increase interest on interest from 10% to 28% - am I missing something?

If you want the higher yield yes you can do that. It is compounded but the APY is the one you have provide for. Indeed you need to withdraw the PRV earned to provide in PRV if you want the 28% APY for those rewards

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming.
I mean I have the PRV (interest) anyway - so I will every once in a while withdraw and restake for the higher reward.
Is there a plan to change the method anytime in the future?

1 Like