Unstake a virtual node

My vnode has been unstaking for about a week now, is there something I need to do other than click unstake?

2 Likes

Unstaking can take a while, a long while actually.

It all depends on the position your Node holds in the network, the moment you tap the Unstake button.

Your Node is part of a pool, either waiting, getting ready to be selected, or at any other stage in the process. Removing the Node from the pool, unfortunately is not an instant process.

Unstaking happens at the end of the earning cycle. After you hit ā€œUnstakeā€, unstaking will happen after your next period of earning.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think it was going to be instant, but itā€™s literally been 7 days at this point. Just making sure thereā€™s not something else I need to do I suppose.

No, nothing you need to do.

Tomorrow it will be 14 days, is it possible itā€™s stuck? 2 weeks seems like way to long

It is automated, which means being stuck should not happen. Can you send me your Incognito address in a private message? I can check your node status.

To send a private message:

• Click avatar
  • Click ā€œMessageā€
1 Like

Sorry for the late reply jamie, it completed the unstake this morning 2/16.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, and I am glad it worked.

1 Like

There are two vNodes Iā€™m looking to Unstake and move to another server.

Iā€™m curiousā€¦ If I stop running the Node, could that help return the Staked funds faster? Or if the Node is stopped, would that actually prevent getting the Staked funds back?

Iā€™ve been having trouble with getting the GoogleCloud vNodes to run correctly and just want to move the staked funds to another server as fast as possible so I donā€™t lose out on earning time.

Your stake is tied to the validator key of the account you assigned to the vNode. Hosting the vNode somewhere else doesnā€™t require unstaking. Just stop one vNode, and setup another, as long as you use the same validator key to run the node, your vNode will be fine and staked from the start.

3 Likes

Oh! Well that easily solves that problem!

Hi, I have been experiencing problems today with my Google Cloud VM.

It ended up freezing and I had no success restarting it. As a result, based on the information above, I deleted the instance and created a new one. This provided a different IP address of course, so I have removed the old node entry in my wallet and added the new one with the new IP address.

Problem now is that it has the ā€˜Stakeā€™ option showing, so I am worried where my stake has gone!? I used the same validator key when I created the new VM.

My only guess is that Iā€™m looking too soon - maybe it has to sync etc.?

Any help appreciated!

O

1 Like

Give it some time to catch up. There are also some ā€œNetwork is busyā€ mentionings. Could all interfere.

2 Likes

This really helped. I am going to move my server the way you suggested, but I have already clicked on unstake and it shows ā€œunstaking in progressā€. Is there any way to stop the unstaking process?

1 Like

Hi @rkamyar, there is no way to stop the unstaking process.

2 Likes