Unshield without using internal txns (I just lost 2000$)

I sent/unshielded ETH to a gambling website. The gambling site didn’t detect my deposit.

It took hours on the phone for them to finally find my deposit on the block chain since it wasn’t like a regular transaction. It was only showing on the internal txns on etherscan.

Anyways after wasting all this time they said it’s up to their payment processor, if they didn’t detect the payment I might have just lost 2000$. Still waiting for an update from them.

I don’t know if it’s possible but it would be nice to unshield like a regular transaction so deposit systems like gambling sites and others can detect transactions sent to them.

First of all, I can totally understand your frustration! Any time funds are in limbo or lost it’s the worst feeling in the world!

I’m just a community member but the only thing I can think of is that the ETH unshield transaction on incognito will be sent from a smart contract—not a normal wallet to wallet transfer. Some websites don’t support this either on purpose or because of technical limitations.

I will @support for you here

3 Likes

Hi @Some1priv, I wonder how they (gambling site) find it hard to locate your transaction. If it is an ETH transfer, did you try to use the deposit address (that they give you so you can input to unshield your funds)?
You can find it in your ETH transaction history on the Incognito app.

They finally located it but yeah they weren’t so bright. I don’t know how the payment processor system works but I hope that they still own the address even if the system didn’t detect any payment. If not I can say goodbye to 2k…

Hey @some1priv, do you know which payment processor do they use? They might integrate Incognito so you and other users will be able to deposit through the incognito network, and no need to unshield function.

cc @elena

2 Likes

They won’t tell me. Don’t know why it’s confidential but they said only upper management has access to that info.

If they acknowledge they found the transaction and don’t honor it that is complete bullshit, I hope that it all works out in your favor.

I am not into gambling but had a similar situation before, with a much smaller amount. Used the deposit address the external system told me to use, but no coins arrived. When I contacted them they said it was sent to a contract they don’t monitor (actively). No clue to what I could have done differently myself. They did deposit the funds to my account though.