Txs drop from the mempool - network is down

I’ve escalated this for you. I’ll keep you posted.

Unfortunately, it is still down. I’m checking out via both my fullnode and official app.

Btw, after the network starts functioning again, a post-mortem analysis would be really good.

6 Likes

My experiments are going on. While trying different shards, I’ve discovered that I can transfer shard 0 to shard 6 but not shard 6 to shard 0 since shard 6 transactions are dropped from the mempool. Normally, fullnodes broadcast txs to each other but those dropped txs are not broadcasted to the other fullnodes by the received fullnode. I suspect the existence of kind of validation or shard-specific errors.

I’ll send hashes of two stuck txs via DM.

1 Like

Yes, agreed, the devs will be monitoring all services for any issues and acting accordingly.

Thank you. I’ve forwarded this and the hashes to the dev team.

1 Like

Now I’m sure that this is coin issue. The fullnode cannot validate txs using some invalid utxos and those txs are stuck in mempool until timeout.

I could succeed in using my account by choosing different utxos from what the app chooses. However, this is not sustainable. Since the utxos received after the processed txs sometimes also become invalid and the app does not allow the manual coin selection. The team knows the issue. This had happened previously @Support

When txs timeout from mempool, what happens to the tx, and the coins?

The TX will fail and the coins return back to the original wallet/source.

1 Like

I tried to withdraw rewards from vnodes using a full node I run. It’s not working. I tried “withdraw all rewards” on the android app. An error is shown. henni hit withdraw reward on all vnode, it works. Now when I try to send PRV using the full node, it’s not working. My full Node has been updated to the lastest docker tag version. When I use the app, it works.

Should the return back after failure happen after all services are back up? Unshielded a coin but I never received it to output wallet, nor did it appear back into my wallet.

Correction. I checked the explorer and saw that my tx might have went through by looking at the shield tx page. It went threw. Interesting enough a CSV export does not show the tx though, curious on what updates that.

1 Like