Tutorial for Pdex

Hi Folks… I have watched all of the you tube videos about incognito Pdex and while they are ok, I still have difficulty in understanding the trading of pairs, I know you’ll think I am dumber then a box of rocks, but I really want to learn as I would like to add more Ether to my account thru trading…

Thank you

3 Likes

Hey @Westwood! No one thinks you’re dumb, I’m glad you asked the question! We’re actually in the process of producing new tutorial materials and such, and asking quesitons is exactly what this category is for, so no need to worry.

Can you clarify some more about what you want to do so someone can answer it?

1 Like

Hi Aaron… It’s not that I think I am dumb so much, but sometimes I do make dumb mistakes First let me say that was a great video that your team just put out on youtube, naturally 50% of what was said I did not underdstand, but I want to learn to trade, why because I would like to be able to produce a good income as I am retired, and yes I know I can just purchase one of those wedges and start collecting from a pool,but I primarly wish to increase my holdings of Ether and using your exchange I can trade pairs… Now all I need to do is to learn How to trade pairs…?? I found you guys thru a you tube video from Rob braxman who was speaking about Incognito and I made a comment as Peter on you tube and amamzinly Andrey answered it, mentioning on a trade if I bought a pair and funded it, and provide liquidity + promote it I would collect both of the fees… Now if I only understood what I just said… So what I really need is an excellent beginers course on trading… Now having said all of that how can I help Incognito to become giant…??

Thanks, Peter

1 Like

Glad to have you here, Peter.

I get that. It’s a lot to take in all at once. And thanks for the compliment!
I’m sure others will comment as well, but let me take some time to find some resources to help you out and get back to you.
In the meantime, take a look around, and feel free to ask any more questions you have!

Don’t forget to add your Incognito wallet address to your profile on this website so you can earn your PRV rewards from any badges you earn!

Aaron… would love to set up an Incognito wallet, but since I do not own a cell phone and just use my home computer win7, however I do have a hot wallet but I will have to wait untill you get your SDK wallet integration to start trading which I hope is soon…

I would like to be able to produce a good income as I am retired, and yes I know I can just purchase one of those wedges and start collecting from a pool, but I primarily wish to increase my holdings of Ether and using your exchange I can trade pairs

With crypto in general, you can earn a nice amount of money, but could also lose it in a second. You can check with the people who bought BTC at $20K+.
What goes for trading on stock exchanges goes for crypto as well, do not invest money you can’t afford to lose.

In short, staking as well as adding liquidity to (new) pDEX trading pools is a passive way of earning, a bit like earning interest on a savings account. These can be good earnings.

If you want a more active way of earning, earn more (read risk more) by trading, there is only one rule to follow: buy low, sell high. What is high, what is low? Exactly, no one knows for sure. You will have to take a look at the charts to decide what is (a recent) high and low and use that.

As an example (not financial advice), most crypto has lost some of their value after the virus hit the globe, this could be a good moment to buy crypto, unless you expect things to get worse before they get better, than you wait for the next wave and try to buy some crypto when rates are even lower.

On exchanges that have an orderbook you could already put an order for a low rate and just wait and see if it gets that low. On pDEX there is no orderbook, all trades are instant. To make a good trade you will have to keep an eye on the rates more or less constantly.

In all honesty it looks like you are more in need of a “How do I trade” course in general than a pDEX tutorial on things.

1 Like