Transaction timed out as usual, please help me withdraw my money

@Peter I get a constant error saying wait till my last transaction is finished but I have not made any transactions that have not completed. I just want to send my coins anywhere, don’t care where, just off of here. Please advise. I was going to break up the transactions into smaller amounts but that seems pointless.

Update: I have tried buying, trading, selling PRV, BTC, ETH and all have the same error: Please wait for transaction to finish. Again, there is NO transaction to finish or wait for… I have 2000 PRV total that I am trying to send. I thought doing 500 at a time would work. I even tried doing smaller amounts like 100 prv trading to BTC then trying to send and still no luck. I have been using this app and following everything from the beginning and it is very discouraging at this point.

I would imagine that there is some sort of issue happening with a previous transaction maybe? I will cc @support to make sure this get’s handled quickly.

2 Likes

@Peter Any help with this? I have tried again “later” many times now and cannot trade or send. I have tried trading PRV to BTC, ETH, and USDC and all end with same error. I have even tried trading BTC to ETH and other random tries just to get something to go through. All I really need to do is send funds to an outside wallet. I have used the ones saved in the app and I have tried new address, again all say “Please wait for you previous transaction to finish processing. Simply try again later.”

I appreciate the fact that the error gives a bit of hope but I would rather it be blunt and tell my how to send my funds.

Thank you in advance for helping.

You have 4 posts on the same issue now. That is only going to slow things down.

Hi @dpglobal, what is the exact error message you have? Could I have a screenshot please?

I want to make sure I’m not trying to send too much at one time. I am trying to figure out how to trade 2000 PRV to either BTC or ETH or USDC and send to an offline wallet but cannot figure out how to get around the errors.

No there is no maximum amount.

Then I am stumped. I don’t know how to get these funds off of here. I have been provisioning, trading, sending, shielding, and shielding various amounts for the past year. Never had this big of an issue sending funds to an outside wallet.

Did you try to consolidate your account, on the settings page, already?

Yes. I do that every couple weeks.

Did you trade already? Did that work?

yesterday I had full functionality. I made numerous trades such as PRV to USDC and other amounts to BTC and ETH. The funds are still listed in the Assets page. For instance I click on BTC, there is .03 that I click “send” to an outside wallet. I have one wallet saved but I also tried new wallets, same error. I have traded and sent funds this way numerous times over the past year. The only ongoing issue in the past was transactions timing out but this is much worse, my funds are trapped.

I am sure it will be solved. You should send a personal message to the support account. They will solve it.

Now it says " known error 6005" it flashes the error too quickly to screenshot. I have tried everything. It is only .03 btc but I need to send it asap please help or advise.

If it is the “known error 6005”, you can take a look at this post: -6005 error

The final solution will be announced soon. I will close other posts/ private messages from you to make it easier to track and avoid confusion for the team.

1 Like

I appreciate your response. I have read the replies on that thread. I am trying to be patient but I have roughly $900 that cannot be traded or sent out. This is a sizable amount for my family to be patient with. I hope you understand. Thank you for your help and I apologize for my nervousness.

In the meantime is there any other way to recover these funds? I’ve been waiting about 10-15 minutes in between tries but I will be on the road and unable to keep trying to send funds. Any other suggestions? Even if I can get a percentage would be great to pay some bills.

Well, this is good stuff to read…considering I’m about 1 week into checking out this wallet. smh. I hope this gets resolved for you quickly.

1 Like

@peter @Support I have the same issues.