Transaction history .csv

Thank you very much for the enabling the export of transactions. It looks very helpful for tax reporting. It would be even more helpful if there were 2 additional columns: (1) Net worth amount and (2) Net worth currency for each PRV amount. Otherwise, the tax software I use is unable to find historical prices for PRV. It is possible to find historical data online for specific days but prices for more specific times are relatively difficult to determine. I think historical daily prices are likely close enough that our USA tax collectors would not come after me but it would be much more convenient for me not to look them up manually. The current output is already a big help, so thank you again.

2 Likes

I agree this would be a great, convenient addition. I am super grateful for the current export option, and kudos to the team for that, but still spending many hours manually looking up PRV prices for thousands of trades I have. It’s pretty overwhelming.

I only have about 121 transactions. I was able to edit the csv file using Microsoft Excel and change the column order and headers to the format expected by Koinly. A template is available. I just manually added the 2 columns for the value of the transactions and the currency (USD). I just used the closing prices from nomics.com. I just cut and pasted them into the spreadsheet. I had multiple transactions per day, so it was easy to pasted once then “stretch” the values into the adjacent rows from the same day and the multiplied with the PRV column to compute total values of the transactions. I then just exported a csv and imported into Koinly without any obvious problem at this point. The prices are not perfectly correct of course. I still have to go back and change the external deposits into Incognito into transfers so I don’t get taxed on withdrawals from the external wallets. This isn’t very hard. I also made a feature request at Koinly to have it access historical price data for PRV. This process wasn’t too bad. Just don’t wait to do an entire year the day before taxes are due :). It’s probably not too hard to write a simple program to take the table of prices and put them into the csv file. Maybe I’ll do this for before next year.

1 Like

The above doesn’t work :frowning: . It made Koinly stop giving me error messages because it had numbers but many are incorrect.

So, I think “Net worth” in Koinly is just the magnitude value received or sent. We only compute something when we receive PRV or send PRV without exchanging for a different coin. When a more common coin is received, Koinly doesn’t need to be provided a net worth because it can compute it from historical prices. Also, in the csv, trades, e.g. USDC to XMR , are followed by a line with a receive transaction for the same amount of XMR. This has to be deleted to avoid Koinly doubling the amount of XMR. Also, the label “Withdraw reward (vNode)” is interpreted as a withdrawal, so I change these to “Rewards.” Transfers between wallets and staking for nodes are also need some editing. Transfers to outside wallets don’t seem to show up but they show up as deposits to my other wallets and transfers between wallets/exchanges usually need editing anyway. I think I’m getting reasonable values now. If others want to use Koinly to compute their taxes you can message me to discuss. I am going to see if I can semi-automate this and would be happy to share.

1 Like

I agree, the automated crypto tax apps will not work without the price of assocaited coin at the time of transaction. If the price of the pToken could be added, it would at least provide enough information to calcuate taxes and have automated tax software work… without it, its still a very painstaking process of manually looking up prices for every row on the export

At least we have the transactions exported, but would be super awesome to get the price as column though, as that would solve all the manual look ups required.

Not sure who to tag on this, as it is pretty time sensitive with tax season currently upon us, maybe @ning or @Chucky could help get this post to the correct person.

1 Like

In fact, cointracker handles this but the problem is that PRV is not a well-known coin. If it was listed in CMC or Coingecko in a decent way, you wouldn’t face this problem. Either Incognito or your crypto tax app should find a solution. However, from my past experience, cointracker does not add the new coins quickly even if you report it.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree here, my comment was specifically focused on PRV, and the odds of something happening in one of the tax app in the next few weeks before tax filing are due in US is pretty much zero. So I was hoping Incognito could add the column, as I believe this is the only way the community could use this feature easily.

Hopefully this can be looked into quickly and they can let us know if this is possible or not.

2 Likes