Trading limited to one "Pending" transaction? Now stuck

Why is trading limited to one transaction? Can we allow users to initiate two trades simultaneously?

Trading is frozen for me due to a Pending trade I initiated two hours ago. It is difficult not to fear the worst when the service is unusuable. The markets are volatile and it’s a liability for me to be stuck like this. This is the second time in two weeks I’ve experienced a freeze of my assets.

1 Like

Have similar experiences. My take away is that Incognito is great for private trades and transactions but no great for quick trades. If you are timing market fluctuations this is not the fastest exchange. If you want private transactions and trades this is a great exchange. They are working constantly to improve function and speed but privacy will always be the main attraction.

1 Like

I appreciate your perspective but I think reliability is important as well, more so than speed.

edit: reliability is important to privacy and important to speed; all are codependent

My account thawed after about five hours, so I’m able to trade again, luckier than others who are still frozen during these market moves.

Also on ethereum is like that… anyway you can trade wait a little and start another trade even if the other is not totally finish. I remember it works.
The transaction here a a little slower because of the private features, but anyway pretty fast but i believe they should be improved by the team in the future!

1 Like

I would really like to look forward beyond these crippling lockouts but have received no official @Support

Hi @key

Trading is actually a process of sending the tokens between Incognito wallets in the first place. How they are marked as “privately” is explained here: Sending Cryptocurrencies Confidentially: Ring Signature, Homomorphic Commitment, and Zero-Knowledge Range Proofs

This is to ensure the stability of every single transaction at this moment. When the fullnode is more stable in the future, TXs that are created simultaneously in the app can go through the mempool without any issues. Hence, checking available UTXOs will pass smoothly.

In short, the user needs to wait until the TX is confirmed before making another one.

2 Likes