Theory on CMC listing and the like.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I wonder if CMC, Coingecko and the like could be being told not to list any privacy projects by regulators in the U.S. It seems the the length of time we have been waiting for a listing on any or these platforms is just ridiculous. Especially when projects that are obviously scams or very suspicious get listed within hours of launching with not a scrap of a working product or even a whitepaper. I wonder if this is what is going on. What do you guys think?

7 Likes

Interesting theory! I think they dont want to spotlight privacy preserving projects because they dont want people to preserve their privacy, specially in finance, how can big brother see it all if its all private? I dont think regulators have asked them not to list privacy projects, but there may have subtly pitched it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah. Without a doubt it sux that we’re being dicked around.

1 Like

I mean, tbh we never really met all the requirements. Fortunately now, we have all the requirements, but if it’s still delayed it might be because we cried wolf to many times :joy:

1 Like

They list projects all the time that don’t come anywhere near the requirements that we’ve had met for months.

1 Like

It’s kinda hard to pull price data from our platform. Since we recently have put PRV on a third party exchange it makes the platform much more legit in their eyes. You have to realize that people try to upload scam/con coins all the time (sometimes they come through). The fact that the price came from just incscan.io, made it seem like the price was pretty shady and arbitrary. Other projects get uploaded quickly because they are an ERC-20 token, that’s pretty standard. Since we have our own chain, you have to be a little more careful, and it requires more potential work. Not to mention the only way to access it was though a phone app, which doesn’t really inspire confidence. In fact, it’s not really recognized as a legitimate exchange, which is the problem we were actually having.

Currently, we should be able to meet all the requirements, so things should go smoothly. CMC and CoinGecko are not “official” and are technically allowed to do whatever they want. Governments can’t really shut them down or really threaten them because they don’t sell a product.

3 Likes

There is no conspiracy. We are only listed on one exchange and we are asking them to devote precious DEV time to try to pull a price feed, that even myself and others from the community don’t know how it is to be the true price.

The requirements are mostly simple—they want 3rd party provided price feeds from exchanges, which we do not have.

Well we do from Vitex, and if we need another, we can cheat a little by saying blockfolio as well. Even though blockfolio price is from Vitex.

1 Like

Any chance we’ll be on Delta soon. I have too many problems with blockfolio

Well I did a quick check, and we can add it through this link: https://ask.getdelta.io/exchange-requests

We would have to fight to put Vitex as a listed exchange, as it’s harder to pull price data from Incognito. If we can get Vitex on Delta, then PRV would be on there as well.

1 Like

They said they don’t have to application anymore, it was "lost " so andrey is filling it out again smh…

But also I’m not sure if it was filled out before the vitex listing and if so they would throw it out because they require a centralized exchange for the listing. Also didn’t help no one ever added prv to the Satoshi labs slip 44 lol

1 Like

1 Like

Any updates on cmc?
Or any additional exchange listings?
I feel like the clock is ticking for us to get exposure.
Mantra dao is an example of poor exposure timing really hobbling a project. They came out right as the defi bubble popped last sept and so had a bad look.

I see secret network is on binance and several other exchanges, what their secret?

2 Likes

Yeah, the key is simply an exchange listing. Pointing them to incscan or even a web dex requires developer time to integrate. Also there is an issue of price manipulation. At least coingecko states pretty clearly that they require 3rd party price feeds, which is why they listed immediately once we were on ViteX.

I’ve been noticing MXC exchange getting some popularity. This might be one to explore. It has been reliable and there seems to be quite a few people that like to run trading bots on there, which adds liquidity.

2 Likes

It might really help to have a web3 facing interface to metamask type wallets. I think the fact that you have to use the incognito wallet to do everything keeps people away. If people could trade via the pDex straight from there ethereum wallet without actually keeping their assets in ptokens they would use the pDex more. It will be even better with the same for BSC and DOT ecosystems.

3 Likes