Taind - Light Shadow Box - Hold and swap crypto anonymously.

I was exploring the site a bit, but I noticed there wasn’t a way to export your private key when you generate a key pair on the site. Am I missing something or will this eventually be an added feature?

1 Like

There is actually. It’s coming with the new update this week.

2 Likes

Hi folks, we have a big update coming this weekend.

We officially renamed our web wallet to Light Shadow Box, along with other new updates in terms of UI UX, security.

STAY TUNED!!!
Shameless plug :crazy_face: :joy: @andrey @Ducky @Revolve @raf @J053 @Andogen @Oerang_Badoey @semi @davoice321 @Tatyana

14 Likes

Great! Looking to get my hands on this.

4 Likes

WE ARE LIVE!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Very excited to announce that Light Shadow Box is now live at http://lightshadowbox.app/.

Here are the changes with this update:

• Our web wallet is now officially re-named to LIGHT SHADOW BOX, with the new logo. (like the above photo)
  • All coin logos are now fixed.
  • Passcode for more access to your wallet.
  • Keys management section inside the wallet for you to backup your keys anytime.
  • Other minor updates in terms of UI UX.

Note: In case you already have created a wallet at incwallet.app, you can migrate all your accounts to the new site with just 1 click. We made a tutorial here just in case https://youtu.be/b9ZMofc4IdU.

Next week to-do:

• Responsive UI
  • Add top popular coins by default in the wallet.
  • Add multiple coins simultaneously
  • Remove coins from list
  • Fix bugs
  • Other minor UI/UX updates.

SEPTEMBER PLAN: Anonymous Web Dex.

Look forward to receiving feedback for Light Shadow Box and more cool ideas from the community to help us build better and more cool stuffs for crypto privacy.

17 Likes

If I add another coin like ETH and hit the receive button it shows me an incognito address. What happens if somene now sends regular ETH to this address, will it be shielded in the background?

Are you operating your own fullnode to support the web wallet, or does the Light Shadow Box web app query one of the Incognito.org fullnodes?

Also, how is the private key generated? Client-side or server-side?

Similar question for imported keys (which I may have missed seeing the option for)?

Is it possible for generated | imported private keys to leave the client side wallet?

5 Likes

@Anon for now we only cover Receive In-network, Send & Receive Out-network will be released in the up-coming weeks
LIGHT-SHADOW-BOX (2)

@Revolve the feature is live, you can back-up your account anytime.

LIGHT-SHADOW-BOX (3)

2 Likes

Hi Mike. Thank you for your interest

• We’re running based on fullnode API from core team, but we also plan to have our own fullnode in the roadmap
  • Private Keys will be generated after you successfully created a wallet. This wallet instance will be mash with the passcode to keep it safe. This is why you cannot reset your passcode => all of this will be stored on localStorage - clientSide
  • And Light Shadow Box does not store any wallet info or private key info, it’s all about your browser <> Incognito chain

Yes you can import private keys to import your account, please find the image below:
LIGHT-SHADOW-BOX (1)

• If you remove / clear your browser localStorage, then all the info is cleared, you’ll have to import your private keys again (just like the mechanism of the mobile app)
5 Likes

To make it clear for everyone, here is a quick diagram of how Light Shadow Box works:

• We will public our source code soon
  • We also plan on making Light Shadow Box a browser extension, which would be easier and safer for everyone.

LSB

7 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I do hope that is early in your roadmap. Having a fullnode independent of the Incognito.org fullnode would be an real step towards some decentralization in the project. This would give the Incognito community an alternate method for managing transactions during the next Incognito.org fullnode outage. One that doesn’t require rolling your own JSON commands to throw at the RPC server. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

this is insightful Mike, thanks a lot for that.
i’ll update our detailed roadmap soon.

1 Like

:astonished: :open_mouth: whoaaaaa…sorry for my response…being I was gone for a few months I was not aware of this incredible work that Taind and his team had been working on…simply put…Most Impressive…my compliments and congrats to Taind and his team and well to Incognito as a whole for supporting Taind in his endeavor in creating such an amazing device…truly amaxzing… :sunglasses:…got a real quick question…should I first start with incwallet app created a while back or should I skip that whole process and begin with the most current version of The Light Shadow Box…update…ok I installed LSB and well it just rocks have my questions but they can wait…To Taind and his crew…you all hit it out of the ballpark…very very nice…look forward to seeing the updates…Congrats as well to the Incognito community for supporting Taind in the creation and development of the LSB…You guys are great… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @Tempestblack
You can start either with lightshadowbox.app or incwallet.app (which will redirect you to lightshadowbox.app), anywhere you like.

But our official web wallet is https://lightshadowbox.app/

2 Likes

Just curious, is there an API for the platform?

Really great job so far. If this will be further devoloped really great. Will it be possible for you to integrate somehow support for some Hardware Wallet? I even dont’n mind which one you can support, I would literally buy the one that works. Once this works I could imagine to use this wallet instead of the app.

4 Likes

@Revolve which service you want us to expose ? Right now we dont, since we still utilize most of the functionality from core team. But after we release our web pDex (and more after that), then we will contribute back to the community by providing more services.

@Anon Great idea, i haven’t thought of that. I’ll plan for further deep dive into this matter with my team.

1 Like

Thanks @taind harware wallet would be huge for our community. Many asking and waiting for it in order to invest more in this great project. Some of my friends are also involved in incognito and they running several nodes etc. but no one feels comfortable with it. It just feels scary to have bigger amounts invested while all your keys stored and generated in a hot wallet. Once hardware wallets are working I and many others here will set up many new nodes, which would be great for the network, decentralisation etc.

As I’m testing your wallet now, to update the balance i have to reload the page right? Might be nice if you could put a blue reload icon left from the send button for this. So everyone knows they have to update and it gets more comfortable to do so as well.

By the way I don’t care which hardware wallet you will support. Once it works I will just buy the one which I need to use your wallet. In this case you could also put a small affiliate link like MEW does, so people can buy it and support you this way.

5 Likes

@taind I tried to add the acutal august vote (AGT) token to my web wallet. But the token does not show up. Are not all tokens from the app in the web wallet supported yet?

This would be a great addition. So it would essentially be like metamask for PRV instead of for ETH? I like the idea of integrating a hardware wallet as well. Ledger and Trezor seem to be the most popular.

Nicely done with the web wallet. The rotating box is a great touch.

3 Likes