(Solved) vNode setup help

I’ve re-purchased a compute cloud instance on Vultr and set up a node with the new Method 1 interactive setup, which I followed keeping the default values but adding my validator key and infura endpoint.

In the node monitor it says that it is synced to the latest block but, in the app, it doesn’t let me stake PRV. It shows a grey dot that I cannot tap on and it lets me import a keychain only.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @GGolov,

It is great to have a new validator here, welcome! I’ve moved your post to a separate post to make helping you easier.

When you added your vNode to the app, did you add via the servers IP address with :8334 (or whatever port you used in the script)?

Check that your docker container is running with docker ps. If it is running and not (restarting #) then check that the port is open by going to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and putting in your servers IP address and port (should be 8334).

Hi @Jared,
It seems that I’ve just entered the wrong port.
The port suggested by the app is 9334 but in reality what needs to be added is what you’ve suggested (8334). :smile:

Thanks for the idea.

Awesome. I’m gonna mark this as solved. If you need any more help feel free to reply again.

1 Like