[Solved] Uniswap overrides pDEX

I’m not sure whether it is a bug or intentional. However, as of now, Uniswap overrides pDEX. There is a pair between HY-USDT in pDEX and it has some liquidity. However, the app does not allow trading for this pair. It forces the user to use Uniswap pair. In such cases, I think pDEX should be over Uniswap or the exchange should be able to be selectable by the user.

6 Likes

It’s by design, if I’m reading Andrey’s post correctly:

Nonetheless, this is a very good idea.

2 Likes

In my case, although pDEX provides the best swap rate (up to some amount), Uniswap is selected. I think, for ERC20-ERC20 pairs, pDEX ignores its own liquidity and selects Uniswap or Kyber. The one more thing is that Uniswap and Kyber trades are so expensive because of the congestion in Ethereum network. Even if Uniswap/Kyber provides the best swap rate, the trade cost should be added to the selection criteria.

3 Likes

We’ll take a look at it today.

5 Likes

This issue still goes on (after cross-pair trading) @andrey. As of now, for example:

100 USDC ~ 99.85 DAI (pDEX)
100 USDC ~ 98.66 DAI (Uniswap)

Even worse, Uniswap has 10 PRV fee for the trade. pDEX has no trade fee. As I wrote earlier, I think Uniswap has been configured as default for the trades among Ethereum network coins/tokens.

Another problem is that the direct pairs cannot be used as of now. BTC -> XMR has own liquidity. However, the app forces the user to use BTC->PRV and PRV->XMR pairs. Imho, either such pairs should be removed or such pairs should be able to be selectable by the user.

4 Likes

Seeing exactly the same problem

Regarding pDEX VS uniswap rates:
New algorithm will include the network and trading fee into the rate comparison and you will be able to see the best rates including all details. @tien works on it, but need some time to design and implement a new algorithm.

Regarding BTC <> XMR - it was a temporary pair created for XMR users until cross pair was building. Since cross pair went live, the liquidity will be moved to appropriate PRV pools.

5 Likes

This is marked as solved but actually it is not solved :slight_smile: Could you keep it as unsolved until it is solved in the app? @Peter

1 Like

+1 here.

1 Like

@andrey @Ducky can you guys help reopen and resolve this please?

1 Like

So far my experience with uniswap is extremely bad. All my trades got stuck for 1-2 days when it was powered by uniswap. Right now again a trade is stuck, which even should not have been done by uniswap as we have these pairs in our own pool. When will we be able to choose manually the pools we want to use? Because right according my experience uniswap is definitively not ready to use at all. A stuck trade for 1-2 days can bring you in the worst case a loss of 50% or more.

2 Likes

@hellothere what do you mean by reopen ? @tien is working on this. Once the logic is fixed, you will be notified via bulletin ; )

2 Likes

imageThat’s my guess. Not really solved … yet.

5 Likes

@andrey this is a step in the right direction but unfortunately not enough. Right now you are not able to trade at all if you don´t want to loose money all the time. Like I said I had several trades stuck and even some which finally did not succeed at where I lost in addition then the 10 PRV trading fee as well? So right now you can not use our pDEX at all. If I would like to buy now ETH for example this would not be possible once I see it is powered by uniswap.

Can we bring limit prices to trade on pDEX?

1 Like

Hey @abduraman, the user now can trade with the most favorable rate among pDex, pUniswap, and pKyper. It is selected automatically. Did you try it with the update 3.10.4?

2 Likes

I tried it but not confirmed financially and usability yet. At the first glance, it seems working since as an example, usdt <-> eth passes from pDEX to Uniswap as the amount of the trade increases. This shows that liquidity is checked. Congrats.

However, I would like a manual selection option after the automatic selection. Why? Ethereum network loses its stability frequently. In those cases, if the difference between pDex and Uniswap trades is not so much, I may prefer pDex. Another issue is that Uniswap/Kyber is way slower than pDex. Again, if the loss is not so much, I may prefer pDex. FYI.

3 Likes

Hi @abduraman, we will not support a manual selection option at this moment.

2 Likes