[SOLVED] Staking & Unstaking paused

This bug has been fixed successfully. You can stake and unstake as usual. Thanks!

Hi all validators,

We’ve discovered a bug in the Node unstaking process, for validators using rented stake. It’s quite a benign bug, as bugs go – this one has the potential to cause some pNode owners to receive extra funds during the unstaking process. The fix is currently ongoing.

To avoid any delays that may disrupt potential earnings, we will pause all new staking and unstaking requests from now till Sunday, July 19th. This will apply to both virtual and physical nodes.

We’ll keep you updated with our progress. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

9 Likes

Are there any details as to what the bug is?

What about nodes just added less than 24 hours ago?

3 Likes

Does this apply to re-adding a missing account (private key) on a virtual node? Because when I try to import keychain it tells me

Blockquote

This account already exists on your device. Please try another.

2 Likes

“Hope the bug fixed as soon as possible”

5 Likes

@Jared It affects the received amount when you unstake. So we need to have a full investigation of it.
Nodes just added before this post aren’t affected.

3 Likes

@hemlock Did your vNode run with the right validator key of the existing key chain (that you are going to import)?

3 Likes

Ahh, thank you, it turned out to be my own fault for using the wrong key. Sorry about the confusion but thanks for the reply!

3 Likes

Any progress? Haven’t seen any updates about this.

1 Like

Hi Peter, just curious how are you guys able to pause and unpause the staking if this is a decentralized blockchain? Thanks.

5 Likes

Hi everyone, the bug is fixed. You can stake/ unstake normally again.
@Jared @anon44261748 @fitz_fiat

We are able to make it at least on the Incognito app: There will be a temporary block when you submit a staking/ unstaking request from the app. @FFa

2 Likes