[Solved] Adult page on APP?

Hi,
In the last week every time I open the app I get an add page for an adult site that remains open for a couple of seconds before I get the app opening!
Is anyone else seeing this?
There does not appear to be any other effect on the apps performance!
As reported elsewhere there was a failure to connect with system fault several days ago, I just switched off the phone and tried again next day, All good! But since then I have had this add whenever I open app!

Cheers

4 Likes

OMG, really?? That’s so bad, I’ve not seen, the app is still okay for me

2 Likes

Holy smokes!!..that must have been a heck of a surprising sight to see…lol…glad it worked out though… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Could we have a screen record, please :joy: ?
If you are using iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-vn/HT207935
If you are using Android: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075928?hl=en

Hey @Andogen,

I think it’s because of your username: And"r"ogen :joy:

1 Like

God of wings for those who don’t want to fly …
why don’t these good things appear here for me?

2 Likes

The phone is not used for anything else! No sim,No google, Only use browser once to download the app!
The page changed to another adult site today, for 2-3 seconds! Not clickable, just leads into the app!
It worries what else has been done! May have to do a reinstall?
Cheers

Yeah I would advise possibly doing a full phone reset and reinstalling default operating system for phone make sure that no kind of malware or rootkits on the phone

2 Likes

Yes, I think that is what I will end up doing.
I was waiting to see if this was just my phone or was more widespread!
Very hard to get a screenshot as the key combination delay exceeds the up time of the opening page.

Cheers

I will work on it, but probably just do a reinstall.
I will take another backup and compare it to an earlier one to check if there is any corruption first.

Cheers

Please remember to back up all your private keys before doing that @Andogen How to back up your private key for account recovery

Not sure there is a kind of malware/ rootkit as @Tempestblack mentioned, let’s keep this topic opened for further updates.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have some type of adware/malware. I would DEF reset the phone or uninstall any sketchy apps downloaded recently, and run a scan on the phone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community cabrock1… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Can’t you start the recording before you open the app?

There was an update yesterday, and the problem seems to have disappeared!
I will keep an eye on it.
As it appears to be limited to me, the problem is in my phone only. Since I have no google account or any other added software, it is interesting.

Cheers Guys

1 Like

What app would i use Jamie?

I don’t know. I guess you can google for the information on apps that work with your phone.

1 Like