Should Incognito fear from Secret?

Hey @abduraman we didn’t have a chance to chat with their team.

In the long term if the secret network succeeds with delivering anonymous smart-contracts we would be able to use it as well. In the short term integration BSC sound more attractive, so I would prioritize building a trustless bridge to BSC and bring pancakeswap’s liquidity on pDEX.

10 Likes

That’s it :v: If this popularity of BSC is kept, the team may implement private contracts over BSC instead of (or plus to) ETH. Then high fees and slowness wouldn’t raise so much problems. So we can wait for pPancakeSwap :slight_smile:

Btw, I consider releasing a token on BSC. In fact, the idea of the token is in my mind for 2 years but ETH fees rose so high. Then I thought EOS but its popularity didn’t rise as I expected. It will be really an experimental token :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the update @andrey, Getting BSC and pancakeswap working on Incognito would be fantastic!

And if there is a future possibility for Incognito to take advantage of Secret anonymous smart contracts as an expansion that is also great to hear. That seems like a great way to add that functionality quickly without having to do all the heavy lifting up front. But agree, BSC/pancakeswap would be a much more attractive option to prioritize too…

7 Likes

Very excited about pancakeswap integration!

What about swaps on other exchanges as well, like orion elrond, and anything on polkadot?

I’m starting to think elrond may darkhorse other chains. Hopefully incognito too!

Hi Andrey, BSC integration is an amazing news. Is there a roadmap for that ?
Tks

I’m curious if you think it would be a good idea to try to integrate with Secret. Instead of trying to compete, it may be beneficial to have them as an addition to the ecosystem. Smart contract support is important and is much needed in incognito, right now ETH isn’t cutting it with the high fee’s.

5 Likes

I agree with you @Revolve …especially with ETH gas fee’s being what they are and no relief in sight… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think someone from Secret stalks Incognito forum :joy:

Secret announced Binance Chain bridge 5 days later after I wrote the first post:

4 Likes

After BSC bridge is implemented, our slot is ready :joy:

7 Likes

How do we all feel about this topic now? I have growing concerns as each week goes by and SCRT expands, especially now that we are “paused” on Incognito marketing/growth. What are we offering that they don’t? Is SCRT the death of Incognito? @abduraman @Revolve @Tempestblack @doc @SecurityFirst

5 Likes

I still think the same.

1- Cross-chain: Incognito is really a cross-chain ecosystem that supports many chains. Secret supports just Ethereum, they haven’t completed BSC bridge yet (infographic is misleading). If the team sticks to the roadmap, we will still be ahead of Secret as of August.

2- Smart contract: Their solution is not Ethereum-compatible so that they (will) have difficulty in attracting the existing smart-contract developers. Incognito’s solution over BSC will be Ethereum-compatible, cheap, and hopefully fast. However, the migration is not easy as the migration from ETH->BSC since some additional code is required because of the privacy requirements.

Imho, our sight will be more clear by the end of this year.

Edit: I forgot to write one thing. Bad/Good (Depends on where you look from) News: Secret is not the sole competitor of Incognito anymore. There are also some other players in the field :slight_smile: Good News: They are behind even from Secret as of now.

5 Likes

SCRT itself isn’t a privacy coin. All the network allows you to do is have encryption in Smart Contracts. Utilizing this functionality, you are able to make privacy coins on the network and I think they have a standard for this. I’d say this isn’t a direct competition with Incognito as of yet. However, I would be more worried about other privacy platforms beating Incognito right now then just SCRT.

4 Likes

Hi @Mike_Despo, I have to agree with both
@abduraman and @Revolve…SCRT does at this time only support Ethereum and therefore Incognito has the advantage in this aspect but indeed said benefit at this time is short-lived if they do not complete their roadmap as outlined by the Incog dev team…and even more so as both Abduraman and Revolve both point out SCRT is not the only competitor to Incognito and even now other competitors are moving into this privacy aspect of blockchain tech and Incognito has to really step up their game if they wish to stay competitive in this field bottom line… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes, we have filled in the slot :slight_smile: My announcement about Incognito BSC Bridge :)

3 Likes

Hey @mesquka,

Congrats on your new privacy project: https://railgun.ch/ . Please do not forget to install a bridge to Incognito :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @abduraman…isn’t what ‘railgun’ is doing almost basically what incognito does already?.. :sunglasses:

Hi @Tempestblack, it seems so.

1 Like

SCRT has exploded. More than tripled since we were last discussing this on here. How does Incognito stay competitive in the privacy space?

I have some investment on both sides. To me, their focuses are different. Secret and Incognito focus on the private computation and the ultimate trustless privacy respectively. However, as I stated in the first post, Incognito will need “decent” smart contract support in the long run. Currently, within the short-middle term, there are rooms for both.

3 Likes

Perhaps a partnership with DERO would help. Privacy smart contracts just got updated on their testnet. It looks really good.

They have SC we need. We have bridges built they need.