[Shipped] Keep App Team Running Smoothly May

1. What privacy problem are you solving?

Incognito is unique in that it’s an entire community of people coming together to make something amazing. But for Incognito to grow at the scale and speed that it should, it has to function consistently, like a well-oiled machine. However, when you get a bunch of smart, creative, and passionate developers in a room to solve a problem no one has come close to yet, there will be conflicting ideas. My goal is to keep Incognito’s individuality as its strength, rather than it’s weakness, specifically for the Wallet app team.

2. What is the solution?

While the app developers are iterating at the speed of light, I will serve as the guide keeping things running smoothly. I will set goals and examples for the near and extended future, and moderate disagreements to allow for maximum fluidity and creativity without compromising quality and progress. I will direct the team, ensure quality, inspect the code, and step in when a project needs it.

3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?

None. I’ve been operating in this capacity since this team was launched, and will be reevaluating what steps I can take to improve the team this year.

4. Who are you?

I’m @binh. Before coming to Incognito, I was the engineering manager at Autonomous. I love to build smart products in Blockchain and IoT.

5. Why do you care?

I believe in Incognito. I believe in the team building the app, and I know what I can offer to maximize our productivity. With the right team and process, bringing privacy to the world is achievable.

6. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?

I structure the entire process. I review and inspect projects as they’re proposed and while they’re being completed, and then handle the quality inspections, as well as feedback and improvement steps after implementation.

This is my schedule for this year:

Timeline Deliverables
week 2 - review code & design backend for pdex v2.
release automation tool for core features.
week 3-4 - review app with release new ui/ux.
- review and launch pdex v2 launch.
- hire more dev and QC.
End may 1. Release new wallet.
2 Release pdex v2.
3 Got NPS goal > 8

I will also:

• Create a good development environment
  • Communicate with the engineers to make sure they have what they need
  • Monitor the main-net and test-net env develop.
  • maintain automation deployment system.
  • maintain and update website.

7. What’s your budget?

Resource Cost Quantity Monthly Cost
Technical Lead 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
TOTAL (x 1) 1,000 PRV

8. Is there an existing conversation around this idea?

Not besides this.

9. Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

Please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions. We’re always looking for ways to improve.

3 Likes

Hi @binh, congrats! This proposal is funded (4/5 votes). I will move this under “funded projects” . Please remember to share with us your weekly update.

1 Like

update week 1:
what I’m did in week1 :

• review fee issue in the app & chain and final solution for fix fee issue.
  • maintain full-node security issue.
  • I review-code overview backend core system this will help me will quick fix issue in future.
  • also maintain withdraw pNode system.
  • also planning for QC in may.
1 Like

So you’re the one that fixed the fee issue so quickly, I really appreciate that.
I see that in week 2 of may, which we are going into, you have “release automation tool for core features”. Does this include automatic pnode withdrawals similar to the automated vnode withdrawals?
Example: Vnodes can withdraw at anytime and it will be processed accordingly.
My pnode earned on Saturday, but I have to wait until Monday to be even able to have the manual withdrawal process started.

Thanks!

for “release automation tool for core features” => this about automation testing core app’s features.
for automation withdraw pNode also have plan do it. I’m sorry about delay withdraw in weekend.

It’s more of an inconvenience, but in no way a problem or a worry, it’s one of those “back burner” issues to know of but is a low priority right now. I appreciate it!