[Shipped] Add notifications to the wallet for incoming transactions

What problem are you solving?

Currently, thousands of transactions take place on the Incognito chain every day. However, only the sending user can see the transaction. Users cannot see their receiving transactions in the wallet, and they are not notified when they receive coins. This is an arguably large flaw in the user experience of the wallet app.

What is the solution?

We’re exploring a way to give users access to all of their transactions (both send and receive transactions) using their public key and coin. We will build a server to sync and parse the data of all transactions, so the wallet app can pass a user’s coin and public key to get transactions with pagination support. This approach will help users see their transactions on all of their devices and get a notification whenever they receive a coin.

What substitutes do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?

In most popular wallet apps, users can see their complete history of transactions. Currently, Incognito users can only see transactions on the device they used to create the transaction. They cannot see receiving transactions or transactions created on other devices. Our goal is to help users see all their transactions on all their devices.

Who are you?

Introduce the project team members (schools, jobs, projects, github, twitter, blogs, etc.) and any similar work you’ve done.

The project will be implemented by @tienduong, @phuong, and @mo_tran on the core wallet team.

• @phuong has over 10 years of experience as a senior software engineer. He’s been with the project since the beginning, leading the backend team. He built trusted bridges like BTC, ETH/ERC20, TOMO, BNB/BEP2, ZIL, and XMR. His team will add Ontology, Ripple, NEO, Cosmos, EOS, and more, soon.
  • @mo_tran has over 3 years of experience as a Quality Control engineer. She is now the QC responsible for testing the Incognito wallet.
  • @tienduong has over 4 years of experience as a senior software engineer. He is the one who implemented pDEX on the wallet app. Previously, he was a core developer for a Japanese employment service in Vietnam. He is also a community enthusiast who loves asking questions and giving answers on Stack Overflow.

Why do you care?

We want users to have the best experience in an intuitive, well-designed app. We believe that adding this feature will give people the relevant information that they expect to find in their wallet app.

What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?

The project duration from March 4, 2020 to March 30, 2020.

What’s your budget?

The project will be undertaken by 3 engineers.

Resource Cost Quantity Monthly Cost
Backend Engineer 500 PRV 1 500 PRV
Mobile Engineer 250 PRV 1 250 PRV
Quality Control 500 PRV 1 500 PRV
TOTAL (x 1 month ) 1250 PRV

Is there an existing conversation around this idea?

Not yet on this forum. Let us know what you think!

Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

We’re working diligently to make Incognito more streamlined and useful, but we can always use your help! Feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions to support this proposal.

10 Likes

I have a humble suggestion. Can it be like erc20 Trust Wallet where they do recognize 99% of the unknown tokens and assign the name automatically. That would be a wonderful feature.

2 Likes

Thanks, that is a good idea. We will put it under consideration when we have more resources in the future.

We have synced all transactions to new server. We have been implementing view all transactions this week

1 Like

We have design for Notification UI and item. We will implement Notification UI this week.
image (1)

9 Likes

This looks fantastic! Love the Node earning notifications! Are the lockscreen notifications iOS only or will Android also see these notifications?

Good to hear you liked it. Notification will be implemented for both IOS and Android. So Android also see these notifications

2 Likes

Cool !
Waiting for it !

Hey mate,
is there anything to share for the past week ?

Sorry. I forgot to update it. We have implemented and tested 3 notification types:

• Balance updated
  • Node earning
  • Receive shield token

This week, we will implement two new notification types

• Withdraw node reward
  • Unstake node successfully
1 Like

@tien this looks really cool. are these notifications in the app release this week? would love to receive them!

Yeah, Notification will be release on this Friday

2 Likes

Me too! This will be SUPER useful for me in trying to track my nodes.

1 Like

Updates for the week of March 23 - 29, 2020:

• Last week, we had some problem with configurate notification for IOS. Finally, we had resolved it. But There has been a delay in the notifaction’s release. It will be released on this tuesday instead of last friday.
    Image from iOS (1)
3 Likes

Finally, We release the notification in new app version (3.6.5). Unfortunately, We see an not good message from Google Play Store

Due to adjusted work schedules at this time, we are currently experiencing longer than usual review times. Please expect review times of 7 days or longer.

So the new version may need 7 days or longer to live on the store. I have uploaded the new version to Github. You can download it here.

But you should wait for it on the store. Because we will have a beta test before release it to production.

2 Likes

Thank you Tien for your hard work. I’ve been noticing that Google Play store just approved it. I’m moving this to Archive section.

I see this is archived but is it live for iOS? I get staking successful notifications but no earning notifications. Maybe I need to edit some settings?

Hello. What are the details of this server? What information does it store?

2 Likes