Send\Receive limit

I am new here from Canada, Ontario! I just wanted to know whats the receiving\sending limits of BTC and am i able to send BTC from incognito wallet to bitcoin machine?

1 Like

WELCOME to the Incognito community!

Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question, but perhaps @Jared may know and if he doesn’t he might know someone that does.

Afaik, no upper limit.

If it has a Bitcoin address, yes.

Since you asking about limits and ATM, I think you consider Incognito as a mixer. If so, you’re wrong. Doing BTC (Shield) -> Incognito -> BTC (Unshield) immediately will not provide you with privacy. Incognito provides the user with privacy “inside” itself. Please read this: Privacy question on this use case?

1 Like

I would like an explanation about this scenario in the thread you suggested:

1. Bob deposits $472.81 USDC on Step 3, trades for XMR and withdraws $472.81 XMR on Step 4 one day later.
  • Bob has complicated analysis by converting to a different asset. However since the amounts are unique & identical and close together, it is still potentially possible to connect the transactions by value.

How could transactions be connected by values? the unshield does not show the values ​​in monero. and according to Privacy V.2 in “Incognito” the amounts in pDex are also hidden. Could you tell me how this scenario can happen?

I think you mean some XMR worth to $472.81.

As I know, unshield values are public for all coins/tokens. If the team has changed that, I’m not aware of it. However, privacy coins are not covered by my scenario. Although unshield values are public, after you transfer them in their native chains, they are nearly untraceable unless you make some traceable moves (immediate bridging to a public chain, transferring to a CEX etc.).

Amounts are hidden for transfer transactions, not for pDEX transactions. So for pDEX, trader account is private but how much she traded is public.

Does the trader account for a pDex transaction show the wallet address?

You can see unshield values but not destination address in incognito. And you can’t see destination address nor values in monero so pretty much you’re covered.

No. Neither unshield.

To be clear;

For “unshielding” txs if the target chain is a:
Public chain: Anyone can see “both” amount and destination address.
Private chain: Anyone can see only amount.

For “pDEX” txs:
Anyone can see only amount.

For “transfer” txs:
Nobody can see amount or destination.

1 Like