Security audit is a MUST!

For sure, we will keep the community updated on this topic.

5 Likes

Holding quite a lot in this project at the moment, I did have a question.

You mentioned auditing the contracts, but will there be or is there already an audit of the incognito core, itā€™d just be reassuring to know every part of such a large project has been audited so thereā€™s no small exploits or loopholes people may take advantage of :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is not an audit.

1 Like

If things were audited incognito team would publish the reports and link them to the smart contracts on etherscan.io

But there has been none.

This is an example of what a smart contract that is audited looks like:

The idea of audits is to find bugs before you start accepting user moneyā€¦ how much money is wrapped up in these unaudited contracts?

Yes, it is a good event that an eth security dev just happend to discover a vulnerability but that is not an audit

If you want to see what is included in a published audit report, click on 1 of 8 reports published on 1inchexchanges contracts linked above

Actually I will link them here:

11 Likes

can we get a update on a security audit.
incognito needs it.

5 Likes

Something I found today and I thought it is worth to share.

3 Likes

First post here, and I do agree audit is a must ! I know some people who will be happy to move in significant amounts once audited by a few, maybe even backed by some insurance.

9 Likes

Any progress on this?

3 Likes

Hey @Semaj, the contract with Coinspect is signed, and the audit is in progress. The first reports should be ready within a couple of weeks.

14 Likes

Great news.

4 Likes

good news

3 Likes

Awesome news that isā€¦ :partying_face: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

More than half a year after the issue was raised :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Very exciting, canā€™t wait to pour more funds into the platform.

3 Likes

Guyssss! Join the call to talk about audit things live! :sunglasses: @andrey will answer to your questions faster than posting on the forum :))

3 Likes

Any news regarding the audit?
Looks like almost a year since the issue was raised and almost two months since the contract was signedā€¦

2 Likes

Searching for info on this topic, I came across this update:

https://we.incognito.org/t/incognito-ethereum-bridge-audit/11903

Was there anything after that?

Hi,
ok only my second post, but Iā€™d really like to stress the importance of audits and the equal importance of communicating these open and aggressively. This will build trust in the outside world. Not everyone is savvy enough or has enough time at hand to go though the code available on github and those -not necessary rely on- but look for audits to get an idea about the seriousness and legitimacy of the project.
Having invested some tokens, this (regular and ongoing audits and their proclamation) would give invested users a little peace of mind.

SkƄl Freyr

3 Likes