[Resolved] Recent Network Outages

I think you mean update May 3 :wink:

1 Like

Yes, thank you. Just fixed it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Many of my vNodes gone to “offline” mode since few days. I have been reading these messages in the forum and was hoping the nodes come back online after the network outage issue gets resolved. However many of my Vnodes are still offline. Any recommendation what commands to be run to bring these nodes online from being offline due to network outage?

Please open a support ticket. I don’t want to derail this thread.

http://we.incognito.org/g/Support

From my side, I’m not able to do any swap… I know there’s a waiting list to process the withdrawals from provide. Could you get us updated about resolving the issues on “Provide”. Thank you.

For me its also not working, my shielding is still processing. I assume we have to wait until the new release is updated by 67% of the nodes, but would be great to know what the current status is of this update (are we at 10% or 59% or…)?

Thank you for your patience.

I spoke with the dev team and we still have 4 shards operating without enough nodes running the latest release. Once all shards have enough nodes running the newest release then the network will be back to 100%.

1 Like

Thank you for the information and updates.

And thank you Trail of Bits for their help! :clap:
Can you provide any more context around this? Were they performing an audit or did they happen to find Incognito by scanning tons of contracts searching for instances of this vulnerability?

Speaking of audits … I know Incognito has had some in the past, but things change and new bugs are sometimes introduced :grimacing:. When was the last audit and how does the team decide another audit is needed?

1 Like

At this time, we can not offer much information as it could potentially impact other projects. Once we get the go ahead from Trail of Bits we will make a public post detailing more information.

Incognito smart contracts were audited by Coinspect and you can find their report here: https://www.coinspect.com/doc/Incognito%20-%20Smart%20Contract%20Audit.pdf

2 Likes

Indeed so @Jared, for me its working smooth and fast again :smile:
Thanks for the reassurances while waiting and of course the hard work by the development team. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Thanks @Jared for the update. I’m running a fullnode and I use the incognito-cli in order to consolidate my PRV earnings from vNodes. When I try to withdraw vNodes earnings from incognito-cli, I have this error:

“Cannot create reward withdrawal transaction: RPC returns an error: &{-6004 Pool reject invalid tx: signature, or proof or verify by itself fail -6004: -1001: Reject invalid tx -1025: Can not verify proof of tx [xxxxxxx] AggregatedRangeProofV2 of PaymentProofV2 must be version 2 or higher”

I’ve got almost the same issue while trying to do a normal TX. Could you confirmit is related to the fact that nodes aren’t,as of now, running the latest version of software? Thanks.

From what I can tell, the cli project was not updated with the protocol changes. But it’s on its way.

https://we.incognito.org/t/started-having-problems-with-my-incognito-cli/20507/5?u=fredlee

2 Likes

@support I’m not sure things are fixed. I still have a pending prv withdrawal from april

1 Like

Hmmm…interesting… :thinking:…I’ve 4 pnodes stuck in withdrawal attempts since last week…and one of them got even slashed…hmm…and seeing this string of post…hmm :thinking::unamused:

Hello @Joc,

Provide has a large backlog to process through but it is processing. If not cleared by now please open a ticket and we will check it out:

http://we.incognito.org/g/Support

Yes its still not processing.

Shields, Unshields, Swaps, etc are working.

There is a backlog of Provide reward withdraws and pNode rewards that are still processing. The system is processing through them. If you have not received the funds within 24 hours please let us know via a support ticket and we can take a look.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Stuck Provide Withdraw

Many thanks @Jared and the Incognito Devs for the updates and keeping us informed. My only feed back would be to have some message in the mobile app that there was some service disruption and link to this forum post.

Apart from that, all my vNodes updated seamlessly to the latest version. :pray:

I really appreciate the Dev teams working overtime to rectify this issue thus ensuring our funds are kept private and safe from any security vulnerabilities.

5 Likes