Rent required stake for pnode

Thank you @duc for having posted some type of response at this time…it is appreciated and it is better then not hearing anything…I understand you along with dev team have been busy and all…so look forward to your posting about node related issues and pNode policy changes…thank you… :sunglasses:

I staked myself to get the 100% of the rewards and the capital risk was low, no slashing at that time. I unstaked because PRV went up considerably, slashing is coming, and team communication is questionable. The node does not work anymore because I cannot do rented community staking. It is worthless now.

2 Likes

The node is useless now. Unless I can restake to rented community funds, I will destroy it.

2 Likes

I’m angry too. I wonder if there’s some sort of Vietnam business bureau for abusive marketing complaints. :thinking:

Ive reviewed all of the founders linked in accounts and they are mostly based in Ho Chi Minh city. I’m thinking about taking locality legal action. Selling a product a certain way and changing its main functionality down the line causing inoperability unless you put your money in their company indefinitely isn’t right.

2 Likes

Your loss

1 Like

I have a question on this. I own an original pNode which is currently running pre-funded. Considering selling this pNode to somebody else how would you remove the node’s link to your wallet to allow the new owner to use his own wallet for the rewards without unstaking it? But if you do unstake the new owner only would have the option to stake it using his own funds, right? So basically reselling the device got a lot more complicated, if not impossible, by this policy change, correct?

@scooter…it is real simple…whether new owner would keep pNode prefunded as you put it or if they choose to stake it themselves…bottom line they would have to trust you with the knowledge of said pNode’s private key for Incognito is no longer supporting the changing of the private key corresponding to said pNode when pNode is transferred to new owner… :sunglasses:

1 Like

but how would it technically work? I would sell the node and send the keys alongside the node so the new owner can access the wallet? but so could I and steal his funds at any point in time?!

Yep, as stated elsewhere already. If the node is sold and used as is, then you can access the rewards as easily as the new owner can. That is how it is for a pNode staked with funded stake.

1 Like

Got it, but still that’s a plain stupid mechanism. I understand that this was different was it was possible to unstake, sell, and restake with team’s funds by the new owner. As this is not possible anymore it’s a bit like fraud on prior buyers imho. Imagine buying something believing it operates in a certain way and suddenly this gets changed without any prenotification and reduces the resell value of your item… wow!

3 Likes

Damn straight…but it is what it is regretfully… :rage: :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I get that it is frustrating, and no doubt it could have been communicated in better ways, but I also disagree with your example.

Being able to go back and forth between funded and non-funded stake was never mentioned as an option/feature in any of the promotions of the pNode.

The pNode scenario the developers had in mind didn’t include “people unstaking without knowing what they are doing”. When the first case occurred, the user was put back on the funded stake track out of courtesy.

After that it was taken for granted. And now it has been removed.

2 Likes

Jamie always playing devil’s advocate lol :smiling_imp:

1 Like

One has to love her for it…lol… :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes I totally agree. It was never officially announced as a feature. But it was openly communicated on this forum so quite possible some of the people buying the node planned with this feature. I think most of them are not requesting a “restaking” due to mistakenly unstaking the node, but because of reselling. However it’s not a huge deal for me so let’s end this conversation as I feel we are on the same page anyways :wink:

1 Like

What is stupid is buying a node and then bitching about resale value. They were not designed to be swapped on EBay.

1 Like

lol, yeah…

What if you unstaked by accident and never staked on your own? I just want to have it operational again.