Rent required stake for pnode

@duc @0xkumi @Rocky or another dev should post a topic bringing all of the pNode specific changes together. Changes such as the end of returning a pNode to funded staking and the end of private key reassignment for pNode ownership transfers. The community would benefit having one authoritative & updated thread for tracking these changes.

6 Likes

I tried as well too. And they told me no. I’m quite upset as well.

I’m wondering if they can just make a one time exception since they never informed us appropriately. I’ve asked but only received a “no” from someone named rocky.

1 Like

Fucked up. The app still makes it seem like you can do rented stake. I haven’t heard anything about this change either.

3 Likes

Boy oh boy…lol…the hits just keep piling on…when the frack are the powers that be at Incog going to realize they just keep fracking up as to their decision and policymaking choices, changes, and the communications of said choices and changes…sighs… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve been in since 2019 and I’ve about had it tbh. If they allow us to fund stake again then I’ll be aiight for the time being. But this one really stepped on my toes. Having $13k locked into funded nodes and never getting chosen. And then when I take my money out, they’re worthless. Feels great. Go incognito, ugh.

4 Likes

I don’t think going back and forth between funded and own stake was ever part of the plan, but was performed in the beginning for people who unstaked unintended while trying out the options in the app.

After that it sort of got taken for granted.

There are some commands available, which could make selling a node easier. It doesn’t include a “put me back on funded stake” command though.

Try at your own risk, I have not used these commands

2 Likes

Wait, so to find relevant information to this project as person has to check random posts in this forum, telegram, and wherever else you all post notices… How are you all expecting to build trust if users can’t easily find the answers they need? It’s starting to make sense why incong gets harsh reviews on reddit and other sites. The concepts of privacy sounds good and is desirable but the implementation is lacking. You will never build a large following until these basic things are resolved.

5 Likes

So you had 13k staked for 2 years and didn’t make anything running your nodes?

1 Like

You must have not understood. I’m not getting chosen enough to get a good ROI. You think I would have let that much sit there for two years? Bahahahaha. Crazy. I guess the word “never” wasn’t proper.

1 Like

I understood exactly what you said which was that you NEVER got chose. So yes, I’d say that if you indeed have been selected then the use of the word “never” was not only improper it was inaccurate and misleading. I’m just trying to determine if it’s worth my time and money to setup votes and stake my funds. Precise communication is fundamental and key.

4 Likes

@Support can we get some clarity here please?

Sorry @sjo114 but Peter is no longer with Incognito…He was let go off along with the rest of the growth team if you were not aware…so you will have to DM @Support instead…sorry… :sunglasses:

@Jamie is correct. Once the sale of pnodes ended, so did the option to have the team restake your node for you with their funds. Also, hard resets for them is also no longer an option. So, if you buy a used pnode, the original owner will still have access to that account assuming they kept the keys. So be weary of buying one off someone you don’t know.

2 Likes

Tell it to the team.

In my opinion that is just what they are working on, back to the core of the project.

All information is here on the forum. Forget about Telegram for info, that is just a hangout.

Reading the whitepaper, using the search engine will be a good start.
Keep in mind Incognito is not a finished product yet. Stay tuned to see it grow into some thing big.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Jamie and I hear ya. I guess my point is there are core tenets that aid in the adoption and usage of a software or tool. Documentation plays a significant role especially dealing with highly technical topics… The Documentation should have a natural and easy to follow flow. New users shouldn’t have to randomly poke around to find what’s important and what isn’t. It should be naturally presented in that manner.

It is my opinion that docs should be a main focus as it will aid in adoption because newbies will understand what incognito is, what it does, how it does, and where it’s going. That is not currently easily discernable and leads many away from this tool. Just read the comments about incognito on different social sites and the feedback is similar. Lack of transparency. Lack of information. Information may be here but it takes ALOT of time for a diligent person to connect all of the necessary dots.

Finally If it were easy for me to find the key players and their roles I’d probably at them but that hasn’t been easy either. I do like the concept but it’s taking alot of energy to figure out how and where to start.

2 Likes

@hustlenerd I agree with you. I can go to a dozen projects that have better websites when I hit the main page. I’ve been with this project since last June, and I can tell you first hand youre not wrong. That being said. I dont think its malicious. I truly think it has come from a place of a good intention growing too fast. They have tried to adapt on the fly and have always fallen short. But, its simply because it wasn’t ready in the first place. This step back is annoying. But, realistically, it’s the best move. Get your ducks in a row and then learn from youre mistakes. The idea here is solid. Once its actually ready to go, I’ll be the first one to hammer them about how to actually market something. Thats what I have been doing for a living for over 15 years

5 Likes

You mistakenly presuppose that new users and growth are desired. Recent events indicates the opposite (note that this is not a judgment, merely a statement of fact)

Interesting statement. Based on some things that are easily observable you raise great questions… What is incognito true mission statement?

Either new users and growth are desired or the content on the about us page and other pages found here contain total bullshit about the mission and incognito is a scam that will eventually collapse with a few running off with the bag. Exhibit #1, “2020 - Onward: To a diverse community of builders”…

Are you telling the what and why type statement presented here are bullshit?

Are you telling me that incognito can be sustainable without any growth?

Why would incognito be a public facing product if it is intended for a select few?

Does @detved speak for incognito?

1 Like

I am constantly amazed at how many people don’t read/search the forum and end up with such huge misconceptions of this project. They cry for decentralization but then cry for customer service. One has to do their own DD before they do anything in DeFi , that sometimes means asking and asking again and dealing with sudden unexpected change.
As for those staking/unstaking/ restaking, I wonder WTF. Short term thinking there. Why stake if a few months later you unstake? Long term project here. Anyone that bought a Pnode has made back the cost and them some. If you self staked your pnode you made even more.
Summary : the power of Incognito is NOT as a mixer but as a platform for private trades. Pulling your crypto in and out is NOT what the project is set up for. Holding PRV outside of Incognito makes little to no sense right now.

4 Likes

@Support any clarity?