Recent Node Updates (Docker Hub API v2)

Hey @JG20, @SPAddict25, @sn0w

Now, I’ll correct myself. 20220921_1 is the latest version for us, ordinary shard validators in the mainnet. So this versioning (00221004_1) is also OK. It seems that the first decimal has a meaning. My guess: 2 for ordinary shard validators, 1 for shard validators using beta versions, 0 for beacon validators. This also verifies my explanation below:

So how come some validators were updated with 00221004_1? Since blink.sh has a minor bug. The buggy version had echo ${tags[*]} | sort -rn instead of sort -nr <<< "${tags[*]}". So the validator with the latest blink.sh won’t be updated.

Reverse engineering at its finest :joy:

2 Likes

Excellent. Thank you for the detailed explanation in plain language.

1 Like

There’s a fix for blink.sh already please follow this to get yours up to date @JG20
https://we.incognito.org/t/recent-node-updates-docker-hub-api-v2/17533/10

@Rocky - I tried to run that before but it returns:

-f: line 1: "rm: command not found

What am I doing wrong?

actually, you can ignore the rm part.
just run

sudo bash -c "curl -LO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/incognitochain/incognito-chain/production/bin/blink.sh && chmod +x blink.sh && ./blink.sh -y2"
1 Like

@Rocky - Now I’m getting this:

-LO: line 1: "curl: command not found

maybe it’s not meant to be…

I have a pNode, but I do not see the update firmware option. I am using the latest docker container, but I see this in Monitor.

Please check in app and see if you are on v2.0.1.

That’s another issue I’ve been having. The app won’t display the version or IP address of my node. Is there any way I can find that out from the command line?

As long as your start script found under /home/nuc/aos/ability/incognito shows v2 for Docker Hub then everything is up to date.

Many thanks @Rocky for providing this fix. I :heart: your scripting genius that helps noobs like me run our nodes. Thanks for being a part of this community.

Thanks @duc & @abduraman for your assistance.

My vNodes have been updated successfully and are now running Docker IMAGES:

incognitochain/incognito-mainnet:20220921_1
2 Likes