Re Stake pNode

I un staked my pNode and now it’s wanting me to buy 1750 PRV to re stake. What’s going on? @Peter Could you assist with this issue and also the missing PRV as well? Thanks

1 Like

Once you stop the funded stake on a pnode you have to deposit your own prv to restake it. When you buy a pnode you are not buying 1750 prv. The prv for the pnode is loaned to you and some of the earnings are given the the entity funding that stake.

2 Likes

Almost correct. The funded stake is rented to you. The difference with a loan is that at some point a loan would be paid off. That is not the case with the funded stake. You will share your earnings with the funder (35/65 at this moment) till you decide to unstake and use your own PRV to stake.

Without stake your Node (Virtual) is not part of the network, and with that, not earning.

Is it possible to buy the pNode fully un-staked for a cheaper cost?

Moving from a vNode to a pNode would be a good example of where this would be useful as you would already have the 1750 PRV to move across (assuming you were closing down your vNode).

In the Node (fka pNode) price there is no PRV included. Whether you stake using your own PRV or funded stake, there is no price difference.

It might be an idea to have an option on the Node install screen to select whether or not you want to use funded stake. Right now that action is automated, which means, even when you have your own PRV, you first have to unstake the funded stake.

To be more clear, the funded stake does not become yours at any time, you are renting it. When you unstake it goes back to the fund, not to your account.

2 Likes