Raz - Node Watcher - New node statistics board

@raz, thanks for creating this tool.

I launched my 1st virtual node and came across this tool. I entered in my public key and node name.

What confused me is after I clicked the “Watch my Node” button the screen displays a section called “Your Web Wallet”.

As a 1st time user of your tool, I don’t understand why I am seeing this. Is the web wallet optional?

As a first time user I found this confusing and hence i thought I’d let you know as I feel a little more explanation is needed.

1 Like

Hey @andrey, here is another thought for your dev team regarding this “Watch My Node” feature…

As part of the process of launching a Node via the Mobile app, it would be nice to see links to this and other features to help newbie node launchers. Just a thought.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you for saying. That was a prototype for an application, but later the core team changed how funding works, still they didn’t declined my application and I left it there.

I will delete that web wallet part, its not a part of the node watcher. Thank you!

2 Likes

@raz - FYI, watch.incognito.market is currently not working. I believe something changed with the fullnode or mainnode after a recent issue about a day ago. There have been some other threads on tweaks needed, but just wanted to ensure you’re aware of it.

3 Likes

Ah, thank you sid :+1: I didn’t know

2 Likes

Hey @raz and @sid, could this issue be the reason why on watch.incognito.market when I put in my validator key it says “Node not found”?

Also, in the incognito app I now have an issue with my vNode where the app can’t seem to find my node. I get an “!” Mark icon and a “Fix” button appears and there is no longer an account associated with my node’s IP address.

I have run canyouseeme.org and port 9334 is open and I get the “success” message.

Is there any other ways for me to check if my vNode is connected to the incognito network and running properly?

1 Like

Are you trying to connect to your vNode when you are on same network? I host my own, and due to my router, it cant ping them locally on my phone, but if I turn WiFi off and use cellular connection, the “Fix” button goes away in the app.

2 Likes

Hey @doc, yes I’m on the same network so this may be the issue. Once, I get home I will try this. Thx for chiming in on this thread.
I’ve been trying to connect with some other folks that are running their own nodes from home. Thanks for sharing that you do.

Are there any other traps for young players like me that I should be aware of with a home network setup? I don’t have any fixed external IP addresses so my machine is hosted on a 192.168.0.xx address. Will this be a issue?

Any other home networking tips for running these Nodes 24x7 would be most appreciated.

Fyi, I’ve been a Windows PC person my whole life. This is my 1st time running Linux on a home PC so it’s been a steep learning curve for me.

1 Like

I happened to randomly checked today and it looks like http://watch.incognito.market/ is working again. Looks like the issue with the main node or full node has been fixed.

5 Likes

@raz Is the total nodes number disabled in the current watcher?

1 Like

New update!

Price & total node number fixed.

Thank you for your support guys! @Izumin @nickvasilich @Tomodachi @sid
We are working on something big now, and this watcher will be hopefully integrated into it soon.

7 Likes

Raz, keep doing great, i use your product from the begining and i think it can be more better

Hello, @raz. Are you planning on sharing the source code of your Node Watcher?

3 Likes

Anything happen to https://watch.incognito.market/ ? I keep getting connection refused and timeouts for the past week.

Raz and Bruno (his brother) are virtually dead :joy: You may not receive any answer. Just for the expectation management :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you aware of any good alternatives to the node watcher or if Raz was planning on open sourcing it? Haven’t seen anything outside telegram for nice tracking of pending/earning nodes.

1 Like

I use this: https://tool.incognito.best/

3 Likes

this site still down. connection times out…

whats the best way to check online if vnode is active and working?

Ive put up a list of some of our Community-built Node management tools to check the status of your node. Which may be helpful to you.

3 Likes