Quest documentation: wheel and lottery

@17Strife -

1. 404,500 distributed (if all chests are open by the end).

2. check the table in the quote below for prizes if all those tokens are spent on the wheel.

2 Likes

What happens if for example 100 000 QUESTS are not used (A very real possibility because of the 0.08 PRV fee)?

Will the same number of prices be distributed, or will Incognito get to keep the prizes that would have been won by those unused QUESTS?

There is currently no expiry date for this game. It is part of an ongoing educational effort to highlight privacy problems and solutions.

People who don’t want their QUEST tokens can sell them or donate them.

2 Likes

Greetings from Kazan! I want to ask developers to make it possible to exchange QUEST tokens for PRV tokens in the wallet… I have, for example, many of them, but no others… everything has a price!

I’m quite sure there is a liquidity pool for quest tokens. You should be able to trade for PRV.

3 Likes

Yes @vafin you can trade QUEST <-> PRV (and LOTTO too!) by using the pDEX feature in the app under “Trade” on the main screen. If you are new to this feature here is some useful info on pDEX/Trade.

1 Like

My two boys, who are avid gamers, have prompted a controversial conversation at home about the graphic representation of the spin wheel which does not visually represent the odds listed in the chart (above in this thread). They argued that the graphic representation of the spin wheel for people who aren’t in the forum here to see the odds chart is “deliberately misleading”. I pointed out that they can in the app scroll down below the wheel to see total number of spins and how many people have won so far to defend incognito’s efforts to be very transparent about it. But, they point out for many it requires too much effort to calculate the odds from that info below the spin wheel and the image of the wheel implies 1/12 chance for a spin win (which is their main point about deliberately misleading on the odds in the image of the wheel). They think the wheel can and should try to represent the high probability of not winning anything to align with the actual odds of the algorithm and prevent unrealistic expectations when someone looks at the wheel image without being in the forum. I pointed out to them that the point is to draw people into the forum to find out more about Incognito. I continue to defend to them the honest efforts at transparency both in the app and on the forum, but they (25 year olds) were bothered by that spin wheel image in the app and suggested instead a simple “lotto button” (that implies no odds graphically) or even a Magic 8 Ball type button (where no odds are implied in the image itself) or a slot machine spin window where win items fly by and stop on the one that wins. They are simply worried about people’s initial expectations when looking at that wheel which implies higher winning odds than the reality of the algorithm. We all understand that developers are building these tools incredibly fast (and because I had seen the odds chart above earlier, the wheel never bothered me), but the younger generations like them, may have similar responses to the spin wheel image. Something to think about for later iterations of Quest, perhaps.

7 Likes

Please guys, can we see this hunt as a game and move on? Let the devs focus on something that is more essential to the project than this gadget?

I feel the more transparent the team is the more the information is doubted and attacked.

I already know in case the parts of the wheel were to be adjusted to reflect the odds mentioned below it, someone is going to argue about how one part still seems slightly off.

If I were the team I might decide to take down the wheel altogether just to avoid these endless conversations on details that don’t really matter. The hunt was for fun, to play and enjoy, not to spend your life savings on just because your (in general) greedy mind didn’t read passed chances of winning 1 BTC.

Let’s focus on what is really important, providing privacy to crypto transactions.

4 Likes

Great points that your kids bring up @Northhill. It seems like for further iterations, an easy fix would be to change the graphic to something you describe. It’s good to get outside opinions sometimes to see what is overlooked when you are so familiar with things.

Having something like this will allow for less distraction with the game and more exposure to the main point (as @Jamie mentions) of Incognito and privacy.

3 Likes

I can empathize. During the creation of Denali Coin DNA and it’s ensuing offspring DNAI there was a LOT of excitement and the White Paper wasn’t even out yet. It was written but at the same time regulations were changing. It seemed that everyday required an update. That being said, the more things became clear, and MORE transparent, the more the project got attacked. Imagining that this is just a bump in the road for sure as the comparison of reality to ones imagination is an impossible task to live up to.

I hit the sleepy guy on the wheel 20x in a row. Now I can’t even seem to get in to play the Quest game at all. It’s not accessible from inside my mobile wallet. As it’s not a real priority, the link that got me in got lost in the Matrix.

If anyone has a direct link even to just the wheel, I miss that sleepy guy. Wanna throw more QUEST and PRV at him!0)

I think @Northhill makes a very important point. The boys are right, the wheel is deceiving. One deceptive product casts doubt over the whole project. Lootboxes are predatory and the wheel is a lootbox. Not a good look for the project. Not something to gloss over and move on.

2 Likes

We are still doing this? That message is over a month old.

There are more important things to focus on than the wheel of a fortune game.

3 Likes

You’re funny. A month later and the issue has not been resolved. Excellent point Jamie.

1 Like

This game was so much fun for the people who have been around longer than just a few days. Those who went through the highs and lows with the team during this first year of the project.

It got completely ruined by the scammers and those who took this “1st year celebration game” as the core business of the team.

3 Likes

The game is still ongoing (and given how it’s slowed down it may never end), but is decidedly less fun for various reasons.

While not the core business of the team, the longer this drags out the more it reflects badly on the integrity/competence of the whole project. There seems to be no winning strategy to salvage things here, so…

Proposal: kill the game asap, hand out the remaining prizes based on whatever set of rules (doesn’t even matter at this point), and try to do better with the rest of the project to remove the stink of this as quickly as possible.

1 Like

No need to talk to me, talk to the team. Hit the blue reply button at the very bottom, instead of the grey arrowed one below a message.

It always surprises me how people who just walked in seem to know it all.
The team and the core community will carry this project forward, don’t worry about that. The ones who can’t see beyond a gadget game are not important.

8 Likes

No one really is upset about Quest except for a few people that tried to game it. It was a fun little experiment until the airdrop greed mentality people jumped on like screaming babies. I remember reading someone complaining the wheel slice was not proportional to the odds. Very content to hold my BTC lotto chances for as long as it takes.

5 Likes

Any chance of revising the total number of lotto tickets that start the BTC lottery draw? It’s been 4 months since the quest started and we are only at 3.4k out of 21k. The number has barely moved in the last few weeks and it feels like players have lost interest.

6 Likes

Seems the team lost interest in upkeeping the game. Would be nice for a decision to be made to squash the game or do something… it’s quite embarrassing in the abandoned state it is in right now …

2 Likes

We’re still maintaining it for now, because we have plans to do a full second launch in a month or so, once we’ve built the new website and documentation to prepare for new users.

All Lotto you’ve won will still be valid, it’s just a little longer of a wait until the drawing.

5 Likes