QUEST closing and BTC draw announcement.

Ok, @Support this is for the dev team being that the growth and marketing team got canned…QUEST I believe was the creation of the growth team and they managed it…said team as I said has been canned by the powers that be without resolution to the whole QUEST concept and game the growth team came up with and developed…the team I believe was supposed to close out the game with some sort of lottery for 1/6 of a bitcoin from what I heard…well being as I said that the growth team is gone what is going to come of this side project called QUEST…It needs to be resolved and closed out and IT NEEDS to be removed from the Incognito app…it is an albatross on the neck of Incognito and the sooner it gets resolved and its presence removed from the app the better…get it done…Nuff said… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Good luck, seems like priority is decentralization development, and they don’t plan to deviate.

3 Likes

@Revolve…LOL…I know bro…but hey if one does not speak up well then hell for sure it would never be addressed… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Definitely agree, but as a personal request- I’d like to actually use the QUEST on the wheel before they shut it down.

I’m not in the majority view and actually think this was a really cool project. Like you and many others, I spent several hours completing these hunts. What I learned was valuable, but if all prizes are reneged except the LOTTO- that’s gunna be pretty disappointing.

At this point, as a new comer, it isn’t the community sowing uncertainty and doubt in Incognito- it’s the silence from those actually involved that scares me.

Fingers crossed here- I wanna believe, but my real life relationships think I’m a fucking idiot for leaving money in here…

3 Likes

I’ve been told development could possibly take 3-6 months. If they think they can make it through that amount of time, without a support team, and focusing on nothing but development… idk man
That is also what the timeline/roadmap is currently indicating.

3 Likes

Bro, it’s like a post I made in another string here in the forum basically stating the damn wheels are popping off this motherf#$#$…I understand they going back to the basics…what they originally started out to do and well along the way they got themselves a bit lost…I think they basically overdeveloped in some areas that could have waited and therefore the core system fell behind in development…well lo and behold they made a drastic course correction…they canned the growth team…ehhh…wrong thing to do…makes you wonder who is running the show up in the wheelhouse…anywayyyyyyyy… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey there,

Just wanted to check in. It’s been a little bit over 5 weeks since this announcement. I think we’ve tagged Support and everyone else, but hopefull for an update soon.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

The silence is deafening.

5 Likes

Pffft…more like the sound of crickets…“chirp chirp”… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was waiting till next Thursday to follow up again. It will officially be two months without any follow up or communication about a project that was committed to being done “end of next week” back in March.

@binh @Support @duc Anything guys? Showing some degree of accountability here could be a great sign to the community, who are clearly and actively expressing a growing concern.

2 Likes

Hi there, sorry for this, because of some more important stuff related to the Incognito app, we’ve postponed the final round of Quest for a while. So it’s time to get you guys updated… @binh almost finishes implementation for this and we’ll be publishing an official post for it next week. Thanks for your patience!

9 Likes

Communication is all I was looking for.

Really appreciate it, and excited to see this and “the important stuff” coming along.

5 Likes

Haha, to me, the important stuff is something pretty humble. For this week, they are ETH/ERC20 shielding and Provide’s liquidity provision improvements. Hopefully, these may bring a better experiences to Incognito users.

7 Likes

The justification for the .07 PRV fee (to combat bots) no longer exists, considering all QUESTs have been distributed.

I respectfully request that the .07 PRV per spin fee be reduced back to the original .01 PRV spin fee.

Then again, since the other prizes have been taken off the table, everyone’s QUEST tokens are worth much less than when we acquired them…

Nah, y’all are definitely working hard and it’s noticed. I think QUEST just brought in a lot of new faces, like me, who showed right when Growth got the boot. Left us feeling kinda abandoned, but again, appreciate you stepping up to keep us in the loop with plans.

@17Strife I don’t think they pulled the other prizes. I certainly hope not, because then only LOTTO matters, and all the QUEST discussion we’ve been engaged in (including a push to change the wheel price where we use QUEST), has been pointless. I’m optimistic they’ll work this out- think the devs are just as excited as we are to see this finish out.

4 Likes

The only thing on the wheel that lost value would be the pnode. But, that should just result in straight cash. So, I dont see anything that lost value on there unless you had your heart set on one when you started playing. That being said, I think you’re heart wouldve been broken either way if thats what you were banking on.

2 Likes

Oh, I definitely agree. I’m not sure exactly what was meant in @17Strife comments about a loss of value, but I was trying to reference that QUEST in general was basically useless without the initial prize pool (including the BTC LOTTO).

Full disclosure, tho, the pnode was/is my goal. I’ll take 1/6 BTC sure, but my background is mental health and I’m not nearly as tech savvy as you guys and girls, or have the PRV capital to start up my own vnode. Cash prize would be a cool replacement, but seems the equivalent price of a pnode with the community stake attached is a much larger prize than was originally intended.

Also, def laughed at the heartbreak comment. Seems pnodes is the thorn in EVERYONE’s side, but still my best bet towards getting further involved and supporting the community.

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, please have a look at BTC-LOTTO Released. The final round of Quest has just been released. Thanks.

1 Like

:partying_face: :partying_face: :100: :100:

1 Like