[pStore.App] User Manual

In the post, I walk you through step by step of illustrating the new pStore’s functionalities along with pMultisig - the first pApp listed on pStore.

pMultisig is an independent privacy application hosting on a separate domain (https://psafe.app). In my design, any developers can develop their own pApps for Incognito with ease by integrating with pStore in order to reuse heavy and repetitive works (i.e. SHIELD, DEPLOY, UNDEPLOY, and UNSHIELD). And from the end-user side, wallets and balances could be used seamlessly between pStore and the integrated pApps (as long as the pApps opening on the same browser).

I’m going to write up and publish a series of posts to explain the technical underneath in detail so that developers can get how to build a pApp for Incognito via my platform. Here pMultisig is just a sample pApp, imagine how cool it is if you can build your own pKyber, pUniswap, etc only with pretty small development effort :slight_smile:

Note: if somebody wants to experience my platform then feel free to ping me, I’ll give you a couple of accounts having some tokens so that you can give it a try quickly.

Pre-requires

As you could know, pMultisig wallet is an application that requires the signatures of multiple people before the funds can be withdrawn (or transferred) so in this illustration, we need to create 2 wallets (each will comprise a couple of account types - a.k.a Ethereum account and Incognito account).

From https://pstore.app, you can go to BALANCES page to create or import both Ethereum account (notice: the account should have some Ether for paying fee when interacting with Incognito contract) and Incognito account.

Once you create or import an Incognito account successfully, a new Ethereum account would also be generated. This account will be used for deploying pToken to and spending the deployed Token from on pApps, you can see its role on pMultisig app in a moment.

For me, I created 2 accounts respectively as follows:

The generated Ethereum account with address 0x98e83309d307dcc345aa109956b6e9c59a94c1d3

Similarly, you can create or import the second wallet on another browser and the generated Ethereum address would be: 0x7cd85e739232a9f84dbc3a5b5f6cbb0a94a2c971

Now I have everything ready for seamlessly experiences from pStore to pMultisig.

Shield

Go to SHIELD page to turn 0.2 Ether into 0.2 pEther.

The process status would be updated automatically. If everything goes okay then you would see the following screen with a CHECK BALANCES button after waiting for a while.

Press CHECK BALANCES button to navigate to BALANCES page for checking shielded Ether (pETH) balance

Deploy

Go to DEPLOY page to deploy 0.2 pEther just shielded onto Incognito smart contract and you should be able to use the deployed tokens on any pApps. In this case, it’s pMultisig.

Wait for a while and press DEPLOY button to submit the deploy proof to Incognito contract.

If everything goes okay then you would see a screen with a CHECK BALANCES button.

Press CHECK BALANCES button to go to BALANCES page for checking deployed pEther balance

pMultisig

From pStore’s APPS menu item, you can see the integrated pApp with pStore. Click on pMultisig to open the app (at https://psafe.app)

Tap on the Person icon on pMultisig app, you can see the deployed Ethereum address along with its deployed balances in the previous step.

Press New Wallet button to create a new multisig wallet with 2 owners: 0x98e83309d307dcc345aa109956b6e9c59a94c1d3 and 0x7cd85e739232a9f84dbc3a5b5f6cbb0a94a2c971.

These are the generated Ethereum accounts in earlier steps. The wallet requires 2/2 signatures to be able to withdraw funds from it.

After the wallet is created successfully (Wallet ID - 2), it’ll be listed on the wallet list.

You can tap on the wallet row to see wallet detail along with its balances.

Press Fund button to send 0.01 deployed USDC to the wallet.

After funded, you can see the wallet’s USDC balance as well as the deployed account’s remaining USDC balance.

Press Withdraw button to make a withdrawal request (0.01 USDC) to the wallet’s owners.

After the withdrawal request made, wallet status would update to Pending

Here the requester address is 0x98e83309d307dcc345aa109956b6e9c59a94c1d3 so it only needs signature of the second owner (0x7cd85e739232a9f84dbc3a5b5f6cbb0a94a2c971) to be able to take requested funds from the wallet.

At this point, if the second owner (0x7cd85e739232a9f84dbc3a5b5f6cbb0a94a2c971) opens the pMultisig app and goes to SIGN page then he would see the withdrawal request above. He can either approve or reject.

When the withdrawal is approved, wallet status would update to Submit

Press Submit button to withdraw 0.01 USDC from the wallet to the deployed account (0x98e83309d307dcc345aa109956b6e9c59a94c1d3)

Undeploy

Go to UNDEPLOY page to undeploy 0.03 deployed USDC from the deployed account to Incognito account.

The process status would be updated automatically. If everything goes okay then you would see the following screen with a CHECK BALANCES button after waiting for a while.

Press CHECK BALANCES button to navigate to BALANCES page for checking undeployed Ether (pUSDC) balance

Unshield

Go to UNSHIELD page to turn 0.03 pUSDC to USDC and send to the original Ethereum account (0x3ea83820b473368df77ae02e65a8607b901e96cd)

Wait for a while and press UNSHIELD button to submit the unshield proof to Incognito contract.

If everything goes okay then you would see a screen with a CHECK BALANCES button.

Press CHECK BALANCES button to go to BALANCES page for checking unshielded Ether balance

Happy building!

7 Likes

Also, wanted to make a few side notes:

• The present versions of both pStore and pMultisig are still in MVP phase and it only supports testnet environments now (Incognito testnet chain and Ethereum Kovan)
  • They’re working best on Desktop’s browsers and having some issues on the mobile phone now. I’ll be focusing on UI/UX improvement next month.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hey @Ducky or @Chucky, since pMultisig product has just launched today. So is it eligible to be added to the list here https://we.incognito.org/t/vote-august-user-poll-which-community-products-do-you-use/5336.
Or should it be imply included in pStore’s proposal and wait till next month to be treated as a separate proposal?

Hey @incsmile, glad to know that you launched Incsmile - Multisig wallet today!

Because the user poll will close soon on 26 August, we’re afraid that we can’t add pMultisig to the final candidate list this month. But still, do keep community updated on your progress, we will add both pStore platform and pMultisig wallet to September user poll as separated products.

2 Likes