PRV price doesn't adjust to current PRV value when buying a Node

On May 6th I decided I would pledge my allegiance to PRV and buy a pNode. I elected to pay in PRV I was asked to pay 896 PRV stating that value to be $448. On May the 6th PRV was priced at around 0.721 USDT so by calculations I should have only had to pay 621.39 PRV approx. This is a 274 difference in PRV which is a hefty premium to pay and grossly unfair. At 896 PRV that implied a value of only 0.50 USDT a 30% discount on the actual value of PRV. When ordering I admit I didn’t even think of this (perhaps I was that excited…).

I would hope the PRV team would act in good faith an realize this is an issue that needs to be addressed to avoid others having the same issue when paying with PRV. I have sent @Peter a direct email as he has been dealing with my order (and been wonderful) but I am posting this here so that other potential buyers don’t have the same issue and to make the wider PRV team aware of this.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Hi @incognitofan, we charged the exact amount (896 PRV) that was shown on the order page and in the follow-up email for your payment. It is better to double-check your payment next time.

However, we admit that the PRV price isn’t well updated at that moment. All Node buyers will receive the most updated PRV price when they use PRV to buy a Node from now.

So, we will support to re-bate the difference in PRV, take into account the most recent official price at that moment: $0.668/ PRV.

Untitled

To be sure I am dealing with the right person, I will send a message to the email that you used to buy the Node to proceed further steps.

Peter

2 Likes

Thank you @Peter. Email sent.

Much appreciated and great support from the team. Glad it will hopefully not happen to others. Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes