Provide

Minimum 1 prv (or rough equivalent in other currencies), no max.

5 Likes

Hi @ning! Are there still plans to speed up the app? Im noticing load speeds getting even longer now too.

9 Likes

hey @Mike_Despo - yes!

we are currently working on speeding up the node screen, and you should see an improvement in the near future. for other types of load speeds when it comes to sending/providing etc, this might be the issue: when an account has been actively used, it accumulates UTXOs. this slows it down.

this will be solved eventually with an improvement on the chain layer, but the quickest way for you to speed up your app right now, is to simply create a new keychain and use that as your new base for transactions.

that’s not ideal, but it is a quick fix for now. sorry for the inconvenience - we’re working on it.

8 Likes

Hey guys, new Provide rates are already in your Incognito app: New Provide rates (September 16, 2020)

9 Likes

Thanks for the uptdates on the new rates. How is it going with the diagrams? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, I thought I did publish it) Forget to link to this post.
Provide - when you contribute single currencies through a more complex flow.

Incognito-Povide

More details you can find here --> Liquidity v.2

9 Likes

In what ways?

4 Likes

Our Incognito pDex uses a powerful AMM (Automated Market-Making) algorithm. When you provide liquidity to AMMs you are providing liquidity to both sides of a trading pair, and you earn interest based on the ammount of provided liquidity and from the trading fee, but it comes with a flaw, by adding liquidity in this way, you might incur impermant loss because the initial ammounts you provided would vary.

With Provide (Liquidity v2)
You only provide liquidity via 1 token, and the initial token ammounts wont vary while you are providing liquidity with Provide so you wont have impermanent loss.

The post i linked has a more in detail explanation, hope that helps.

8 Likes

I use coinbase and have only ever sent money to incognito from it. Is there ever a risk that centralized powers could block an address incognito uses for pools?

If a whale comes in and buys up all of one asset, say all the BTC in our provide pool what happens to providers? Is there a risk of loss? I am trying to explain the risks to my friends who I have introduced to incognito.

Also, I figured out coinbase dosnt charge for usdc, so often its actually cheaper to buy usdc>incognito >btc/eth. Then btc>incognito!

Lastly question. Are any other chains going to be added to provide in the near future? Perhaps LINK? Hardly anyone has good interest on chainlink, could be a draw for people.

4 Likes

Hey @JoyRaptor please check the curve below. It shows dependency of a coin price on the pDEX.

0_z7XOwnC25gcKIvNj

In human words it means if you buy 10% of all BTC on the pDEX the price for every new trade will grow up and up. You can experience this curve if you open pDEX and chose to trade 10BTC or 100 BTC at once. You will find that it’s economically no reasonable.

Regarding adding LINK to Provide. If we can get interest and support form LINK community to spread news about it, I do not see any problem from technical perspective to make it happen )

Thats something I suggest you to make a post about, might be very useful for other people who is seeking on how to withdraw from Coinbase :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thank you for replying @andrey , I did not see the post on KuCoin, and that makes more sense to me now…

I think my concern was less about coins being frozen in wallet, and more about the Incognito smart contract address being blacklisted or any coins that came through that contract would be considered “tainted”…

I do see the importance of using DAI in this use case, and is probably something I should start considering moving more into, but I would assume this removes the risk of freezing, but not of blacklisting coins that pass through Incognito smart contract… but I am also not sure if that is a worry I need to have, do you have any thoughts on that?

6 Likes

Currently, we have only one bridge to ethereum, but it doesn’t mean that incognito <> ethereum communication is limited only to one bridge. Nothing can stop Renproject, wBTC or any other teams to maintain own bridges to the Incognito network. It might be “compliant (KYC)” or “anonymous (no KYC)”.

Soon we will see a market place of bridges & layer2 solutions for Bitcoin and Ethereum networks (an idea for builders), and ab user will be able to chose to use compliant or anonymous bridges.

I can’t clearly answer to you if you should worry or not, but I can recommend you to follow Unchained podcast, the host brings quite a lot of guests from different authorities. I do listen every episode. It will help you to see bigger picture in terms of what is going on there and what is a chance to be “tainted” if you are not involved in any illegal activity.

8 Likes

I cut off mattress tags.

tag

9 Likes

:scream:

6 Likes

I am struggling to understand how is IL avoided via Provide though.

Aren’t all AMMs prone to ILs?

If so, is Provide specifically designed with IL-mitigating mechanisms, or is the IL simply compensated by the devs?

4 Likes

From the user’s point of view, the stake you provide to the Provide feature will not change. The amount you put in, is the amount you can withdraw. There is no risk of losing any of that.

Your reward doesn’t depend on the actual trades made, nor the poolsize.
It is like a savings account with the APY as interest.

From the system’s point of view, there might be IL.

7 Likes

Ah so the funds provided via Provide are “lent” to the devs in other words, I see.

Thanks for the swift explanation.

5 Likes

Hey guys, please check the latest updates for Provide!

10 Likes

That’s cool. Quick question, is the Liquidity provide process still centralized? If so, when will it be decentralized?

5 Likes

Henry, do you try to level up your trust level? :joy::thinking:

6 Likes